Network CD Gizmo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network CD Gizmo

Im not sure if i thought of the idea or not, but if i did no one can get rich off of it without my permission :)

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Network Based CD/DVD holder that had a web interface of some sort. Im sure i could create a SQL database no problems, its the hardware side of things i'd have issues with.

Basically I had a Teacher back in highschool that had a USB CD Case that would work with a program installed on his PC and could pick the CD he wanted out of 150 possible by a quick search function. I want something similar, but for our whole IT department to use. They'd need to be able to go to a website (ex CdCase.com) search the CD they want and roll (We've got awesome chairs that make for great races) over to the CD Holding Machine Thing (CD-HMT for short)... What would be cooler would be able to mount the CD over the network somehow.

I know its possible with tapes, i've seen larger universities with such capabilities.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Oyee

Re: Network CD Gizmo

What you want is a "jukebox". Searching for "CD jukebox" turned up this:

http://www.kintronics.com/jukebox.html

The trick is to find the ones that hold data CDs and DVDs (like this one) instead of the ones that go in a media unit to play music or movies.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Re: Network CD Gizmo

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
      What you want is a "jukebox". Searching for "CD jukebox" turned up this:

http://www.kintronics.com/jukebox.html

The trick is to find the ones that hold data CDs and DVDs (like this one) instead of the ones that go in a media unit to play music or movies.
      OMG U ROCK!

Thanks a million, i think this will set me in the right direction.
      Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X