7xx series MOBOs & video corruption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7xx series MOBOs & video corruption

Ive been doing a fair amount of research for my next pc build and have run into the video corruption problem that 7xx series owners have been experiencing from day one it seems.

Basically for those that are not aware, the 7xx series mobos run games and sli very well but have major video corruption problems when watching simple videos on either DVD playback, video file playback of all flavors, and even youtube videos. Not everyone has the same problems and some lucky owners are not experiencing any problems but no solutions have been released by nVidia or individual mobo companies. Heres a link to the current discussion on the EVGA boards: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=253891&mpage=1&key= The thread is about 40 pages and growing.

Does any TG member have any experience with this problem? I really dont want to invest $250 on a piece of hardware that cant even play videos

Re: 7xx series MOBOs & video corruption

I have been burned by nvidia drivers on the ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard and would stay away from their stuff if there is any indication that it doesn't work. SLI is not worth it IMO and you can get equal performance from other chipsets.
    nvidia also has forums that could be a good source of information.

Comment

By 7xx series do you mean like the nForce 7 chipsets such as this one.?
      Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
        By 7xx series do you mean like the nForce 7 chipsets such as this one.?
        Yes, the 750i, 780i and 790i all seem to have the same problem with video playback. There have also been several reports of 680i boards suffering similar problems but the majority are on the above mentioned boards.

Comment

does it have to do with hdcp? the problems i mean