Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) $26 @newegg

Just passing this along.
    It is with a $40 mail in rebate, but that is good RAM and a REALLY good price

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148076

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) $26 @newegg

Sold out.

Comment

What is better about these modules? I notice that they are specified to run at 2.2V, compared to normal(?) 1.8V of most other modules, most likely to help them run at those lower timings. Not sure if this increase poses a significant shortening of their lifespan. It would probably be covered by their warranty, but I know I would rather not deal with that. I ask because I have read a number of recommendations for these.

The only conclusion I can come to is that users have given these a good reputation through their reviews?
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Back in stock!!!

And namebot, I am not sure what you are asking. A few things can make this good ram, like the name brand. It has good Latency. It is an AMAZING price. Probably uses top of the line Micron chips, since most of Crucial's high end stuff does.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

The major draw to Tracer vs regular Ballistix is Tracer is the riced-out version of Ballistix. As far as i've seen they have exactly the same specs, except Tracers have 6-8 blue LEDs on the bottom and an LED matrix display on the top that shines in different random patterns depending on the filling patterns of the ram and useage. For a premium price, usually 20-40 dollars over the Ballistix.

Basically,

VS

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Rice is meaningless, but $26 isn't bad for +1728MB.

Comment

I remember watching the 36 panel lights of a PDP-10 to judge system usage. The kernel would light a lamp whenever that process ID was running, and lamp zero was for interrupts. A runaway interrupt source would sometimes bring the system to its knees, and it was always an open RS232 terminal line on an unterminated card set to a high baud rate picking up noise from nearby phone lines. Light zero on solid meant it was time to go look for one of those. Ah, those were the days....
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It is now down to $19.99 after rebate!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148076

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

damn those are flashy ram's >.>

Comment

Makes my case look like it contains a flame somehwere. I'm not particularly impressed, but the ram seems to work, though my memory mapping seems to be pinning my free ram down to 2¾GB. :( I was expecting 3¼ or 3½ since my video card is only 320 and it's not like I have a lot of other memory-grubbing hardware in a W2K box.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X