Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Confirms Windows 7 for 2010 (17 screenshots)???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Confirms Windows 7 for 2010 (17 screenshots)???

Now this may or may not be a photoshop job, but they say these are screenshots.
    It looks interesting to say the least.

Microsoft Confirms Windows 7 for 2010 (17 screenshots)

Just some:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Microsoft Confirms Windows 7 for 2010 (17 screenshots)???

Windows 7?

OK, let's see... The versions of Windows that I've used are:
    Win 2.0
    Win 3.0
    Win 3.1
    Win 3.11
    Win 95 (Win4?)
    Win 98 (Win4 again?)
    Win Me (Win4 again?)
    Win2K (Win5)
    WinXP (???)
    WinVista (???)

I just don't see how the next version of Windows isn't at least version 8...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Eh... I really am not feeling the love with Windows of late. I bought into the hype of 64 bit Vista and am now still waiting for everything to work. I would be impressed if they made something that works, versus something that looks sexy....
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Windows 7 just sounds lame and the screen shots look 100% faked.

[media]http://bp1.blogger.com/_0q5sDZxB_Jg/SDjCep1pN6I/AAAAAAAABpA/NwySFLCGKyc/s400/15.jpg[/media]

Isn't 6.1 (Build 6519) the same build version as Vista?

[media]http://bp0.blogger.com/_0q5sDZxB_Jg/SDjCoZ1pN9I/AAAAAAAABpY/GDBE-IgJs_I/s400/18.jpg[/media]

Wooah.. MS way to dumb down the user interface.. haha. I don't think so!

[media]http://bp2.blogger.com/_0q5sDZxB_Jg/SDjCQ51pN0I/AAAAAAAABoQ/F-za4OHb6t0/s400/8.jpg[/media]

"Windows 7 -- is coming" Uhm.. not even MS is THAT off beat

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          Windows 7?

Win 2.0
          Win 3.0
          Win 3.1
          Win 3.11
          Win 95 (Win4?)
          Win 98 (Win4 again?)
          Win Me (Win4 again?)
          Win2K (Win5)
          WinXP (???)
          WinVista (???)

95-ME = version 4 and point releases.

Win 2k was really an upgrade of NT and that was never consumer orientated (even though, outside gaming, it was the bes OS MS ever put out)

XP = version 5 (which incorporated some of the good stuff of NT/2k)
          Vista = version 6

Actually the next version really is just a point release. The core is still Vista. Calling it version 7 is not that accurate and probably just internal talk. If they do call it "Version 7" at release it is just marketing to distance itself from the "Vista".

Outside a few glitches caused by poor drivers, I have been very happy with Vista.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Windows 7?

Win 2.0
            Win 3.0
            Win 3.1
            Win 3.11
            Win 95 (Win4?)
            Win 98 (Win4 again?)
            Win Me (Win4 again?)
            Win2K (Win5)
            WinXP (???)
            WinVista (???)

well, there was:

NT3.5
            NT4
            NT5 (2000)
            NT5.1 (xp)
            NT6 (vista)

I don't think that microsoft ever counted the home versions of windows in the release versions...
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

If there is a Windows 7 in the near future I really wish it would not be so glittery and however-you-describe-it. I hate things that are only icons, everything is animated, etc. Text and small icons are the best when you want to work quickly without having to wait for animations to load and stuff. I do like things like aero for vista that enhance the way windows look without affecting the window's usability.

Comment

This is Microsoft's way of taking your eyes off of faulty and unstable OS systems. They release one every 3 years and then you HAVE to upgrade cause they disable updates for the previous. Thats one reason Apple has done such a great job on college campuses lately, and the fact they have a great marketing scheme.
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
                  If there is a Windows 7 in the near future I really wish it would not be so glittery and however-you-describe-it. I hate things that are only icons, everything is animated, etc. Text and small icons are the best when you want to work quickly without having to wait for animations to load and stuff. I do like things like aero for vista that enhance the way windows look without affecting the window's usability.

There is some of the new windows server stuff that you can install with no GUI what-so-ever. It is meant to run within all the new virtual machine stuff Microsoft is investing in.

@DdogG

You don't really buy the whole version 7 thing, do you? Version 6, ie Vista, is built to be rather modular. Core components can be added and removed but the true kernel is basically going to be the same.

Even more depressing, from my perspective, is that WinFS (the new file system) is still going to be missing. That stupid registry is still going to be around. If and when WinFS is implemented you will see some real reliability gains on the windows platform.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Trooper, don't come in with that crap unless you know fully about apple.
                    Apple releases updates constantly, and while they can be cheaper than some versions of Vista, you still have to shell out about $200 every couple of years.
                    And I am considering getting a MAC for my wife, so I am saying this completly level headed.
                    By the way, did you read the article about apple in the new issue of Wired? Might make you think twice about buying anything from them. Jobs is a tyrant the likes of which most companies would never dream of hiring. Yet he is admired by fanboys while Gates is slandered nonstop and called evil.
                    You did get the marketing scheme part right though. Especially the fact that the majority of their commercials depend on putting Vista down instead of actually pointing out what they can do or mentioning their many faults.
                    Like the fact that they put out a wireless router that secretly had N built in, and then when they decided to announce it, they say by the way it will cost an extra $15 or something to turn on a feature already in your device that you paid for. Just wait till the flack starts flying with SDK functionality next month and they are going to charge people who already bought the device to use the new features, but it is free with new phones.
                    You will be reading a lot about customer backlash very soon.
                    And I have used a MAC a lot, and I had regular feeze ups, with the little twirling pinwheel, requiring a hard crash. Just as often as I have a problem with my Vista64.
                    And I don't know what the hell you are talking about with the "release one every 3 years and then you HAVE to upgrade cause they disable updates for the previous"
                    They went 5-6 years or more between XP and Vista, and you either have whiny babies about them not releasing a new one sooner or whiny babies about them releasing it too often. Yet just a couple of years ago they stopped supporting 2000 and ME. How long do you think they should support an old crappy OS? 15 years? 20 years? I would rather them stop work on an old system and get them working on next gen stuff.
                    Get your facts strait before you bring fanboy fotter into the thread.
                    I'm sorry if this came off as ill, and not directed totally at you. Just tired of all the bitching about Microsoft. Especially in the PR.com forums by people that have not a clue in their head, and just constantly repeat crap to sound cool. They must have seen it on a Mac commercial. :(

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Screenshots like these are almost certainly just a badly themed Windows Vista in an attempt to grab some ad revenue.

Here's what it actually looks like:

It unsurprisingly looks identical to Vista. So far, all the work has just been under the hood.

There are more screenshots here.
                      Last edited by Satertek; 05-27-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        Trooper, don't come in with that crap unless you know fully about apple.
                        Apple releases updates constantly, and while they can be cheaper than some versions of Vista, you still have to shell out about $200 every couple of years.
                        And I am considering getting a MAC for my wife, so I am saying this completly level headed.
                        By the way, did you read the article about apple in the new issue of Wired? Might make you think twice about buying anything from them. Jobs is a tyrant the likes of which most companies would never dream of hiring. Yet he is admired by fanboys while Gates is slandered nonstop and called evil.
                        You did get the marketing scheme part right though. Especially the fact that the majority of their commercials depend on putting Vista down instead of actually pointing out what they can do or mentioning their many faults.
                        Like the fact that they put out a wireless router that secretly had N built in, and then when they decided to announce it, they say by the way it will cost an extra $15 or something to turn on a feature already in your device that you paid for. Just wait till the flack starts flying with SDK functionality next month and they are going to charge people who already bought the device to use the new features, but it is free with new phones.
                        You will be reading a lot about customer backlash very soon.
                        And I have used a MAC a lot, and I had regular feeze ups, with the little twirling pinwheel, requiring a hard crash. Just as often as I have a problem with my Vista64.
                        And I don't know what the hell you are talking about with the "release one every 3 years and then you HAVE to upgrade cause they disable updates for the previous"
                        They went 5-6 years or more between XP and Vista, and you either have whiny babies about them not releasing a new one sooner or whiny babies about them releasing it too often. Yet just a couple of years ago they stopped supporting 2000 and ME. How long do you think they should support an old crappy OS? 15 years? 20 years? I would rather them stop work on an old system and get them working on next gen stuff.
                        Get your facts strait before you bring fanboy fotter into the thread.
                        I'm sorry if this came off as ill, and not directed totally at you. Just tired of all the bitching about Microsoft. Especially in the PR.com forums by people that have not a clue in their head, and just constantly repeat crap to sound cool. They must have seen it on a Mac commercial. :(
                        I worked in a univiersity tech center for 3 years, i know fully about apples. Yes apple updates often, but by its structure and Unix backbone its inheriently safer/stabler then any Microsoft OS.

So while Apple is still increasing its sales with no end in site Microsoft is cutting off its consumers at the legs with shotty programming and high prices. Why should i switch to Vista/windows version 7 when the one im in right now, works just how i want it and its not costing me anything to run? Linux is looking better and better every single update.

Fanboy fotter......give me a break go rant in the other forums if you cant handle facts in this one.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Wasn't this called Vienna for awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                            Wasn't this called Vienna for awhile?
                            Yeah, but i think that was just a name like the Longhorn versions where.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Leopard was just released in Oct. and there were tons of article out about the record number of sales, and that was just a year and 9 months or so after the 4.4 Tiger came out. And there were TONS!!!!!! of articles about people with install problems and crashing problems and programs that didn't work right after the install.

And you can't argue about the safer part any more either. For instance Mac was the 1st to fall at a recent hacking competition. The kid that did it was able to hack in in under a min. I think. The kid got a free Mac laptop out of the win. It is said that Mac has just as many holes as Microsoft, but the user base is so small, no hackers waste their time. That is until recently cause Mac is having to do a lot of security updates. Quicktime for instance had had to have a lot of security patches.

With that all said, I am still considering a Mac for my wifes new laptop, but the price for something nowhere near as fast as a PC based laptop is just a huge turnoff, regardless of if they have a nice pretty OS and funny commercials.

I do agree though that Linux is looking better and better, and actually have the 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron live CD in my optical drive right now. I am trying to talk the wife into getting a PS3 so I can install Ubuntu on it and not have to buy her a new laptop :D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X