Nvidia Vs. ATI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia Vs. ATI

So guys... which graphics card brand do you support?

Get ready because this is gonna be one big dogfight

for starters, I support Nvidia 100% because it hasn't failed me in my pc gaming.... so far
    and anyway I grew up with my pc's with nvidia graphics cards so its kind of a "got used to" thing

Re: Nvidia Vs. ATI

I've had both and both did a good job for me. Which ever suits my needs at the time.

Currently have Nvidia.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

I would go with NVIDIA for now on, I have had them in the past from a TNT onward but have had a smattering of ATI cards, all of which had failed after about a year. I have never had a NVIDIA card fail. I'm not a big fan of the current Vista drivers but I'm not sure who to fault on that one.
      "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
      -- Red Forman

Comment

Brands have nothing to do with performance. Memory, CPU CLock, Memory Clock is what matters. The only other factor to concider is compatiability. Sure, enough famous brands like ATI and nVidia will have more or less full compatiability with microsoft and new era games.

Why would you even support a brand? All brans have junk cards and good cards, for instance, nVidia has some really **** cards, Nvidia 7500LE (512mb turbo charged) for instance is probably the worst card in the Universe, which will be outperformed by a ATI Sapphire 3650 HD (256mb). Then you have the nVidia "Ethusiast" cards, like 8800 class, which supposedly are the best around because of their processing abilities.

Comment

I like the BFG card I currently have because it has a lifetime warranty that I didn't even have to register the card for, but beware I believe the 8800 series and on has a different(worse) warranty behind it. Now I have to get back to playing games 24/7 so my card breaks and I can exchange it for something newer.

Or did you want me to name one of the big 2 chip manufacturers? :) I don't care for either, but the 2 cards I have bought myself were Nvidia.
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

My last few cards have been nVidia but I hold no loyalty to them. If ATi can put out a better product then they will get my money. I buy the best bang for my buck with any computer part, brands be damned.

Comment

I have had both cards and using Nvidia now. I did not care for ATI cause I always had issues with the drivers. The ATI cards themself seemed real good and worked well when the drivers were right but the cards I had seemed like the drivers would get lost or something and I was always reinstalling the drivers. Even an ATI tech support said certain models had issues like this and they were the ones that told me to just keep reinstalling the drivers.
              I have only had 2 Nvidia cards and both of the cards have been very good, the first just got old and outdated for newer games. That was when a friend recommended I get ATI(wish I never listened). When I built the computer I am on now I decided to get Nvidia again cause of past success with them. I had a BFG card before and the one I have now is EVGA, both seem to be really well companies.
              I personally will be skeptical about getting another ATI card ever unless I start hearing some really great news about how their driver support has become but I guess I would try once again if they do get better driver support. ATI is usually cheaper than Nvidia cards on the same performance level but a card is worthless without good drivers.

Comment

I was an ATI backer until the AMD & ATI merger. Now ATI always seems to be behind the technology curve. Its sad really.

Comment

I currently have an ATI card that I bought because I couldn't pass up the price. I've previously owned several Nvidia cards. They've all been great. I don't care who makes the card as long as it performs.
                  sigpic

Comment

i swing both ways :icon_eek:
                    no but really, my last three cards were ATI, but current one was nvidia because ati kinda forgot to make a card that is comparable to the 8xxx until the 3870x2 came out (after i bought my card) i would have bought the 3870x2 if it came out a month earlier