Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the Firefox experts

Question about settings.
    I have noticed that on an average day of browsing with Firefox I get a tremendous build up of running processes eating RAM even though I closed out the browser.
    The picture below shows a few, but I will easily get twice as many as that and have to stop them in task manager or restart. Is this a byproduct of tabbed browsing? What setting should I change so I do not get this build up?

Re: One for the Firefox experts

Firefox looks for other running instances before starting, but if the executable is renamed, it might start a new instance. if they do not shut down after you close them, then a day of surfing could lead to 40+ running instances. but the scenario needs a few things to go wrong at the same time.....
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

That is definitely not how it should be working!

Comment

I never get that with firefox, strange? I would try uninstalling and start over.

Comment

same here

The only time that happened to me was when I accidentaly pressed the firefox shortcut one too many few times... The result was a hang up cuz of too many firefox windows

Comment

This is a common problem that sometimes happens with firefox.

I have read that Firefox 3, that should be out like next week, completely fixes a lot of memory problems and has a ton of people chomping at the bit to get it just for that reason.

Make sure to get Firefox 3 when it comes out, then see if you still have the problem. If you do, post back here and we can look into it more and try to help you find an answer.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I removed and reinstalled the current version, turned off tabbed browsing and still have the same problem. I will wait for version 3 and let you know. Hopefully they will get the add-ons supported like greasemonkey by the release date.

Comment

A happy user of FF3rc2 here. But then I don't use a lot of extensions. Chatzilla, NoScript and FlashBlock are my essentials, and they work.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I would be proud if I could just get the program installed..:( Sometimes computers just make me a sad panda.. :(

Comment

What happens when you attempt to install it? What goes wrong?
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X