Need instructions/advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need instructions/advice

Here is the situation, my current board (ASUS A8N-SLI) is kicking up CPU and CHIP set fan warnings. The CPU fan kicks in when the temp starts to rise. The chip fan needs a shot of canned air and then its fine. I have another MB (Abit A8N-SLI) but I do not have the CD for it.

Question. What files would I need to download to get the Abit MB in to use? Can I download those files to my current HD (72GB free) or should I purchase a second drive to download the files.

Re: Need instructions/advice

http://www.driverstock.com/ASUS-A8N-...196/index.html

hope this helps

Comment

google "abit motherboards" click on link to abits website and go to support then driver downloads then input the board info and that should get you what you need. I cant post the link cause I havnt posted more than 15 times. :(

This is for the 939 socket I assume? I also have the Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe but I have not had these issues. I had something similar before when I had cool and quiet or Qfan2 enabled in the bios. (dont remember which one exactly) It would give me an error in POST saying that CPU fan speed was too low.

Comment

Actually in my experience, you can download the drivers you have now
        leave them on the xp install your running and hop boards. It is possible windows xp will gripe about security and u may have to go through cd key authentication. ANYWAY Save the driver file, install new board, and boot windows, you'll find alot of the hardware self installs without need of a driver package, however, you should run the setup on the driver package to get everything sync'd in the driver version department. Unused drivers sit in the driver cache and shouldn't conflict. At worse you'll need to uninstall the previous drivers for sound, and ethernet, other drivers should not need be uninstalled (sata, hd, bus drivers ect)

***Hardware forums notice***The above is an oppinion based on personal experience :P corrections welcome, as i always wanna learn, but flames, are not NEEDED
        Bf2142-TOOmuchMcLovin
        America's Army- -=No.Ob=-McLovin
        Bf2-TOOmuchSEX

Comment

yea your right there, but believe it or not sometimes the OS will just BSOD!! This happened to me at work! I changed out a mobo from a dell precision 380, and reinstalled windows as the machine was a spare. Took the drive out of an IDENTICAL 380, put it in the machine with the replacement board, and nothing but blue screens! Put the drive back in the other machine and it boots up fine! Thats the only machine I had that happen on though.

Comment

you should start considering your spare motherboard is faulty then... or you can try getting it its own hard drive and installing a new OS in it

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X