Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista x64 / SoundBlaster Xtreame Gamer Mic Issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista x64 / SoundBlaster Xtreame Gamer Mic Issue.

First of,

The Mic does work. Its works in both Ventrillo as well as Team Speak.

My ingame mic is not working in either vBF2 or PR. The green mic pops up, but no transmision. When I go to test mic settings in BF2 sound options I have no responce, as in it does not register the mic.

I beleve that it may have worked the 1st day I had the mic, but I also could have been talking to myself the whole round.

I will try deleating all Creative products off my hard drive tonight and reinstalling from scratch.

Please let me know if anyone has had simillar issues as Im sure there are other soundblaster users playing BF2.

-Thanks
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Re: Vista x64 / SoundBlaster Xtreame Gamer Mic Issue.

please?
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

My Xfi works reasonably well but Creative's Vista support is notoriously (and intentionally) bad. I'll never buy anything from them again.
      sigpic

Comment

If you can let me know WHEN your on and the time your on TS i'll walk you through it.
        Bf2142-TOOmuchMcLovin
        America's Army- -=No.Ob=-McLovin
        Bf2-TOOmuchSEX

Comment

I was running Vista x64 & XtremeGamer but wen't back to XP due to BSOD's.
          I don't recall having any mic problems, but also can't call if I was still using the jack, or USB.

Plan on going back to Vista x64 probably this weekend. I'll let you know, but I don't know if it'll help your situation at all.

I would recommend getting a USB mic. I have never had an issue with it.
          Getting a mic + SB card to work together is a pain.. and Ive tried it on numerous on boards, sb live, sb audigy, and sb xfi.

I use the cheap Logitech model:
          http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/we...s/221&cl=us,en Sorta looks sexual IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TOOmuchMcLovin View Post
            If you can let me know WHEN your on and the time your on TS i'll walk you through it.

I am on now and will stay on most of the evening. Thank you for your help.

You can find me in the BF2 PR admin Channel
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I had similar issues with Vista 64 and my sound. Mine was as easy as right clicking the sound icon in the tray, then clicking on the recording devices. From there, make sure you verify the input and out put devices. Vista was using another device as its default and it was causing heartache until I figured this out. Also check the "levels". While using a different sound card. i had to adjust the MIC and DB levels manually for TS to work properly.

Good luck!!
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I've been having similar issues with a Soundblaster Audigy ZS 2 and BF2. While talking in game, my voice sounds all "digitized" and robotic, or I see the green mic icon but get no voice to work. Similar to your issue, but not really the same. I tested the mic on another computer and it's okay. I have Vista64 so I just tried updating to the latest drivers from Creative. Now my game crashes every time I finish loading a map and click deploy, or as soon as I click on Options/Audio! hahah I really did a number on it this time... I'll try to revert back to the old drivers and see what happens.
                |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X