Changing PSU?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing PSU?

Hi I have a 305w Dell PSU, and I need to upgrade this to 500w. Will any 500w CPU work? Or does it have to be a specific voltage or something? What are the rails about e.g. +12v rail?

Re: Changing PSU?

Some of the big brand computer companies use proprietary parts in their computers that are not compatible with standard parts. The PSU is one that they love to do this to. Also some of the PSUs are not physically different from regular PSUs, so even if it looks the same and connects the same, some of the wiring may be different which could cause damage if you try to use it.

You may need to google the model number to find some results or contact Dell and ask them.

The different rails carry different voltages to different components depending on what they need.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Re: Changing PSU?

do you know what model dell?

i work with dells ALOT as long as its not a microsize nor a desktop most powersupplies should work i go to a modding fourm at xoxide.com xoxide will not only have gaming+ class PSU but the people there know what there doing (just see there mods)
      I will not place claymores in my front yard.
      I will not place claymores in my front yard.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X