[email protected] cpu usage issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected] cpu usage issues

I have noticed on multiple machines that FAH is using only 50% of my total cpus. 25% each for dual core and so on, but the total never exceeds 50%. Does anyone else have this issue? It seems to me that alot of computing power is being lost here. I have tried setting proirity from low to above normal and setting affinity to a single cpu but no matter what I do total cpu usage never goes above 50%.

Re: [email protected] cpu usage issues

This is true for dual core machines. The FAH cores are really only using one core. To get the most out of a multiple cpu machine, you need to run a separate instance of FAH per core.

See this page on running multiple clients.

Cheers!

Comment

ahhh ok. I thought the app was muli-threaded, but that would make sense. Ill try that and let you all know how that works out.

Update: I tried to run another instance of it and it told me that only one instance can be run at a time and that the new instance would now quit. :( BUT when I did set affinity to a single cpu it maxed it out.

Comment

You need to read that link. You have to copy the whole installation to a second directory and configure the new instance with a different machine id. Otherwise your work units will get muddled and they will be unusable.

They describe on that page exactly how to setup both the GUI client and command line client to achieve multiple instances.

Comment

Oh I see. I remember seti would just run multiple projects and assign each one to a core. This seems like a much better and simpler solution, maybe they will come out with an update soon for it.

Comment

I know that they continue to work on a threaded SMP client, but it is still in beta and not for all OSs. My guess is that they will stick with what they have at the moment until they perfect the threaded client.

Comment

yea makes sense to stick with what you got if its working for now. Hopefully they will have the threaded client out by the time my new machine comes in.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X