Finally upgraded my rig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally upgraded my rig

After a long time being stuck in P4 hell, I finally found some cash to upgrade to a AMD X2 4600+ with 2 Gigs DDR2 800 Ram with a GeForce 8600GT 512MB (I know for about $60 more I could have had an 8800 GT) but I was at the end of my budget. Even still, going back to XP with this build yields so much more perf than my P4 3.2GHz and 7600 GS with DDR400 I am positively amazed. Dunno how I stuck with it for so long.

I don't have much of a point with this, I'm just so happy to be out of the computing dark ages.
    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
    -- Red Forman

Re: Finally upgraded my rig

Congrats on getting a new build. Everyone will tell you, myself included, that there are better parts out there and nit pick over better choices.

But in the end if your happy, it's a performance boost and your on budget thats all that matters. :)

Comment

Oh I know there are much better parts, but for the price I got, it was difficult to beat. I got the mobo, proc, RAM and video card for about $180 total. I didn't need a new HD, case or optical drives so that was nice.

But with TF2 on high with 4xAA at 1280x1024 with perfect smoothness in even the biggest firefight, it does exactly what I was looking for.
      "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
      -- Red Forman

Comment

congrats dude! :)

Comment

Thanks, I'm still amazed how much more a dual-core can do than a P4.
          -- Red Forman

Comment

Wow, that is a great price. That cost less then my new motherboard alone :icon_eek: Please don't tell my wife!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X