GTX280 Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX280 Benchmarks

Thought some would find this interesting, its a leaked PCGamer article with GTX280 benchmarks.

[media]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8403/fridayjune1320082sg7.jpg[/media]

If the above is true interesting to see the 9800GX2 beat it in CoH and come fairly close in the other test results. Im guessing the performance of the card is also a bit low because they are still relatively new drivers?

Just thought some people would find this interesting.

Re: GTX280 Benchmarks

The GX2 is also 2 gpus the gtx280 is one, so It will have a slight advantage at that resolution but get 2gtx280 in sli and It would wipe it away.

Comment

The GTX280 still beat the other cards in Crysis at the higher resolution and by 15x. Although, it's not at a playable FPS.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Actually Sarc, not sure if you have played Crysis yet, but kind of a weird game where if it is a solid 25 FPS (no dips down to like 10 fps) it actually feels pretty smooth. Something to do with the motion blur or something, where even with low frames, you don't feel the stuttering/slide show affect, least till you get down into the low teens and single digits.
        I would be very happy with 30+fps. Plus they were running 1600X1200, so I would probably be in the 40+ with 1680X1050 that 22" LCDs run at.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
          Actually Sarc, not sure if you have played Crysis yet, but kind of a weird game where if it is a solid 25 FPS (no dips down to like 10 fps) it actually feels pretty smooth. Something to do with the motion blur or something, where even with low frames, you don't feel the stuttering/slide show affect, least till you get down into the low teens and single digits.
          I would be very happy with 30+fps. Plus they were running 1600X1200, so I would probably be in the 40+ with 1680X1050 that 22" LCDs run at.
          Actually, the FPS is from the resolution higher than 1600x1200, which is 15 FPS for the GTX280 and <1 FPS for the other cards. Motion blur won't compensate for that. It's just too few updates to get any feel of animation. It's probably the reason films don't go below ~24 FPS.

The point was to show the GTX280 performing much better as the resolution gets really high. The GTX280 took a little over a 50% hit and the other cards were practically brought to a halt. Granted, nobody plays at such a high resolution but it would be interesting to see 1600x1200 and 1920x1200 compared.

Comment

Really, many articles have also commented how even with low frames, Crysis just looks smoother than another game at the same low FPS. When I first played it I thought it was just me, but review articles and forums have also talked about it.
            Moot point for me though. Only played through the game once, and didn't mess with it again until some recent testing for the Obsidain Edge mod.
            http://www.obsidianedge.net/
            You know I had to throw out a plug. :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              Really, many articles have also commented how even with low frames, Crysis just looks smoother than another game at the same low FPS. When I first played it I thought it was just me, but review articles and forums have also talked about it.
              Moot point for me though. Only played through the game once, and didn't mess with it again until some recent testing for the Obsidain Edge mod.
              http://www.obsidianedge.net/
              You know I had to throw out a plug. :D
              I've noticed a long time ago that 25 FPS is usually enough for me for gaming. I can't game at 15 FPS though. It's not smooth at all.

Crysis was fairly smooth but I did have moments where my FPS dropped to 5 for no reason at all. It was somewhat decent when it was at 30 though. It's a beast of a game and I wish it ran better on lower end hardware.

Comment

I found that in ArmA I could get away with 20FPS as the lowest and not be bothered by it. My new setup runs ArmA higher then that but I have decided to up the settings a bit to enjoy the eye candy vs. the FPS. Other games though I find you really need to have a higher FPS or it bothers me.

Comment

Good info on the whole "human eye can only see 24fps" thing as well as why blurring helps:

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frame...humans_see.htm

Comment

Tnks for the link killdaddy =) i'll read it later during breaktime

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X