• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Cable Known to Man!

+++Superman Theme+++

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De...4275781&sr=8-1

Re: The Greatest Cable Known to Man!

The day I spend $500 on a cable is the day everyone can simultaneously shoot me and then proceed to dance on my grave. You'll be able to recognize it because the tombstone will read "Idiot".

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      The day I spend $500 on a cable is the day everyone can simultaneously shoot me and then proceed to dance on my grave. You'll be able to recognize it because the tombstone will read "Idiot".

That's pretty expensive for cat-6...

DB
      Last edited by Dick Blonov; 06-24-2008, 12:11 AM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

It's worth exactly what people are willing to pay for it. If there are no other ethernet cables that are that nice, and someone wants a cable that nice, and they have the money, then perhaps it is worth $500.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          It's worth exactly what people are willing to pay for it. If there are no other ethernet cables that are that nice, and someone wants a cable that nice, and they have the money, then perhaps it is worth $500.
          LOL Welcome to the world of Capitalism... IF you build it...market it to the right people...they will pay the $$$$...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Good Point.... read some of the reviews on amazon.

Life-saving cable, June 23, 2008
            By A. Cathro "adamc68" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
            (REAL NAME)
            I had a choice - get this cable or pay for my gran's life-saving operation.

I opted for the cable, and I'm so glad I did. It's made no difference whatsoever to my hi-fi equipment, but now my grandmother is dead. And I couldn't stand her.

Thanks Denon!
            By Damien
            Well upon receiving this truly sexy cable I just held it up to my face for a minute... transcendental! I have never had a rush like that! Then I noticed that the cut on my hand had disappeared!! Wow. I broke a toe years ago .. never healed right so I wrapped this truly amazing cable around that foot.. guess what no more broken toe! So I thought being overweight I would try wrapping it around my middle... well I did lose 40 pounds but that wasn't the amazing thing. As the weight melted away the cable slipped downward from my stomach coming to rest on my... well just below my stomach. OMG! You would not believe the feeling. So I wrapped the cable around my .. well you know I sorta wrapped it with the cable.. and ... and then...

I'll be in my bunk..
            984 of 1,024 people found the following review helpful:
            4.0 out of 5 stars It gets me closer to The Lord, June 11, 2008
            By G. P. (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
            If I could use a rusty boxcutter to carve a new orifice in my body that's compatible with this link cable, I would already be doing it. I can just imagine the pure musical goodness that would flow through this cable into the wound and fill me completely -- like white, holy light. Holding this cable in my hands actually makes me feel that much closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. I only make $6.25/hr at Jack In The Box, but I saved up for three months so I could have this cable. It sits in a shrine I constructed next to my futon in Mother's basement.

I only gave it four stars in my review because I can't find music that is worthy enough to flow through this utterly perfect interconnect.

Comment

Reminds me of the time they were selling the small tank on Amazon, those reviews were great.

Comment

you would need to be all sorts of stupid to buy that lol
                |TG-Irr|Doctor

Comment

I guess demand is going up, cause when I clicked on the Amazon link its showing that this wonderful cable is going for the low, low price of only $999.99!! What a deal!

Comment

I just bought 2! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
                      I just bought 2! ;)
                      HMMM 2 Cables or an entire new computer system....Such hard choices...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Some other funny things reviewers said.
                        Marked down 1 star because it still won't let you do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.
                        Unfortunately, Denon does not provide the necessary warning regarding the directionality of the cable. As I write this email, a small black hole is tearing through the space time fabric of my living room, consuming everything in its path (including my former pet Chihuahua, Wolfgang). A simple warning to prevent me from having reverse cabled my new joy for experimental reasons would have also spared me the horror of bidding adieu to 20 years woth of collecting (yes my cabbage patch dolls and hummel figurines are now faint memories of the past, for this dimension anyway). I bid you all adieu as I now see my walls dissolving... goodbye cruel world
                        I accidentally dropped one end of my Denon cable into a glass of Tuscan whole milk I was drinking. Later when I finished my milk (yeah, I still drank it; should I not have done that?), my right arm (lost in an accident in 1987) spontaneously grew back.
                        My friend pointed out that the secret is in the blue dots on the cable, not the cable itself. Apparently, this is a metallic pigment which helps negate the resistive losses in the cable; resistive losses are why you need bigger wires in the higher amp circuits in your house. The dots add capacitive coupling in key spots. I couldn't quite follow the math he was getting at, but apparently it's the same technique used in those cell phone signal booster stickers.

Nonetheless, I spent an evening carefully painting 1/16" stripes on one of my existing ethernet cables, spaced 3/4" apart, using metallic paint (Testors Green Metal Flake #1530 works well). I let it dry overnight and, sure enough, this formerly ordinary cable was now transmitting at near the speed of light, too!
                        I couldn't believe a cable could make so much difference, so I connected a cable tester to it and saw that it rendered the 0s and 1s perfectly. I'm even getting some 2s and 3s!!!
                        It will help you out with your chores, I have mine mowing the lawn right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
                          you would need to be all sorts of stupid to buy that lol
                          But, people who call themselves audiophiles are all sorts of stupid. And, these savvy businesses know it and market to them. How about a $1500 power cord? http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/j...kaptovator.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                            But, people who call themselves audiophiles are all sorts of stupid. And, these savvy businesses know it and market to them. How about a $1500 power cord? http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/j...kaptovator.htm
                            Most of it is a pissing contest. But they do truly believe that the quality of the piss is of utmost importance.
                            I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I'm SO glad I bought a whole bunch of these when they were only $500 each, I knew they were underpriced!

Hello Ebay!

*makes obnoxious "cha-ching" noise over and over while pumping fist*
                              sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...