Intel cracks a whip at software developers-- Good news for multi-cores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel cracks a whip at software developers-- Good news for multi-cores

As I have said a few times here, Intel has been working with devs to get programs using multi-cores to their fullest. Looks like they are even getting more serious now.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...8251&Itemid=35

And they should. By this time next year there should be 6 and 8 core CPUs out and people are going to buy in droves once apps are written to make use of them.

Can't wait for ARMA 2 to be giving my quad a good workout come Christmas time :icon_eek:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Intel cracks a whip at software developers-- Good news for multi-cores

So I just bought the 08 PC builders Bible, where do you stand on the Intel vs AMD deal.. more specifically the AMD claims of a True Quad Core in the future vs the Intel quad which is 2 duals stuck together??

Comment

ooh my friend is gonna make me eat my words.. i laugh at him when he bought a quad and said it would be many yrs before the thing would be worth it.

....anyone here do assassinations?
      I will not place claymores in my front yard.
      I will not place claymores in my front yard.

Comment

@ Pancho
        Check back through the treads here because we had a very long like 5 page post about muliti-core and the reasons to buy.

Right now AMD is a good CPU, but not a great one that Intel has out. AMD is pretty cheap, but to get the same power out of their cheap ones you would need to buy 2 to match Intel's. Also, until recently I was hearing everywhere about people having compatibility problems with AMD cpu and motherboards. Don't hear it as much now, so they may have the problem fixed some.

As far as which kind of quad, I thought AMD really had a trick up their sleeves with their "true" quad cores, opposed to the 2 duals stuck together by Intel. But proof is in the pudding, and in the benchmarks. I still hope AMD knows something we don't and with the new stuff they are supposed to be releasing in early 09' they are going to make a huge comeback.

EDIT:
        I was board so looked back through and found the old thread
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...lti-cores.html

Of note a lot of new games about to be released before Christmas like FarCry 2 and Stalker:Clear Skys have said they will be multi-core. YEAHH!!!!

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post

Can't wait for ARMA 2 to be giving my quad a good workout come Christmas time :icon_eek:
          I'm holding you to that promise, if Arma2 isn't out by then I'm going to be pissed at you!:row__593:

Comment

I will be happy to channel all your piss-ed-ness strait up the chain to the game devs.:icon26::icon_mad:

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X