Five Best Windows Maintenance Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Best Windows Maintenance Tools

Thought I would post this not only for the article, but the comments after it as well. They list the CCleaner that all of us here love, as well as a bunch of others.

They also list 2 defrag programs, and even more in the comments. They chose the 5 from a post yesterday where they asked everyone for their favs. There were a ton of responses of course, and you would not believe how many said CCleaner.

Five Best Windows Maintenance Tools

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Five Best Windows Maintenance Tools

I would suggest that FORMAT is the finest Windows Maintenance tool. At least once a year..Like changing the oil in your car...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

CCCleaner is a life saver on some days. :)

Spybot S&D has been in my PC toolkit for a few years now. I have it installed on every machine in the house.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've always used CCleaner since I first found it over a year ago. Definitely works wonders.
        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
        -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
          I would suggest that FORMAT is the finest Windows Maintenance tool. At least once a year..Like changing the oil in your car...
          A bit like repainting your car every year if you live in road salt country.

I don't think I've ever had to do a Linux re-install on a server system with a good package tracking system (in my case, Red Hat RPM). Things are highly modular and I know what files belong to what apps, so it's straightforward to rip a package completely out and re-install it without clobbering the whole OS.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I do like that my RH9, FC3, FC5 and now FC9 webservers have never needed a reinstall. I get worried about the OS getting long in the tooth, so I build a new server - and the old one just keeps trucking along....

BTW, I am going to add to the Macrium reflect thread, but I just got done restoring from a backup. I had it verify the 37gig image, reinstall, and then verify the restore of the 77gig install. - took 3 hours. (the verifications too 2hrs 15min.)
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I love CCleaner, and my buddy turned me on to XoftSpy for spyware cleaning. It isnt free, but its super fast and works very well. I am using it and love it!
              Last edited by =DdogG=; 07-04-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X