Need help selecting btw 2 gaming monitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help selecting btw 2 gaming monitors

I'am going to build new computer but first thing that I'am having problems is choosing my monitor.

So I found 2 of them, both looking great for gaming, for me. So I need you guys to judge whick 1 is better.

Viewsonic VX922
    (http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/Pr...LCDX/VX922.htm)

and

LG L196WTQ-WF (http://www.afterdawn.com/hardware/pr.../lg_l196wtq-wf)

(google those names if my information links aren't good enough)

I can get both of them for almost same price, viewsonic would be 10-20% cheaper, but it is used, and I think it has no warranty left.

Also when I read about viewsonic information was something like: "Good for gaming etc." but LG's info told only about how good it is to use with vista and things like that...
    When comparing both of them LG seems to have much better statistics, but I don't want to notice when it is bought that it doesn't support gaming...

So I'm asking for you guys to help me choose between these 2, because I don't know much about monitors (is 1400x900 better than 1280x1024... What about 5:4 vs 16:10 aspect ratio). Monitor will be for gaming use mostly, so whick1 supports more it...? I will appreciate your help!

Re: Need help selecting btw 2 gaming monitors

I would scrap them both and go for the 22" wide screen...they are so beautiful now days!!! LOL! I am working with a Samsung 22" and it is so clear. Comp USA had a 22" for $169 recently.

The LG has more resolution it seems...they both have the 2ms Response time... The LG also has a 16:10 aspect ratio vs. the usual 16:9 and 4:3.

Personally because it is new and more resolution and the rest seems pretty equal I would lean towards the LG!

But thats my $.01....cause not sure if it is worth $.02...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

You guys in USA have som much easyer to get cheap and good computer parts! Damn it :P

Cheaper of these two (Viewsonic) is worth 160€ about 180$ (I think). LG is 180€
      Any 22" monitor will cost atleast 230€ here... (something like 260$ O.O).

169$ (even less in euros) for 22" would be dream come true (in price that is), but ordering here will usually add 30-40€ bonus so... : ( <- Aww, so sad
      Also 2ms response for me is really nice to have, so that is what I'm going to stick with!

EDIT: Oh yeah how does 16:10 changes screen view... More accurate picture? (and thanks for fast answer)

Comment

Hey there,

One thing I noticed was that both monitors share a quoted 2 ms response time,
        Was this a reason you chose these monitors specifically?

I checked both monitors on various websites and also saw that they are both discontinued!
        This usually means you may be able to get them cheaper as they may have updated versions released.

After reading a few buyer reviews, I honestly dont know which would be the better of the 2, but If I can maybe make a 3rd suggestion for you.......

The Samsung Syncmaster 206BW has excellent reviews(see link), still maintains the 2ms response time, has a slightly larger screen, but shares the same prob as the ones you listed in that it does NOT have a height adjustable stand.
        Gaming at 1680x1050 widescreen is very enjoyable if you have come from a 4:3 resolution. Just make sure you have a card with enough juice to let you use it at its native size.
        The choice is ultimately yours ofc, all I can do is make a suggestion as there are many many monitors out there, unfortunately quite a few of these are unsuitable for gaming.

Hope it helps.

G.

Comment

I would say the LG because of the widescreen factor. The 1440*900 resolution is what my Dell 19inch widescreen uses and I'm totally satisfied with it! But as someone said the choice is yours!

Comment

I'd also stray away from if you guys have them in Finland, a Hanns-G. i found they aren't good for gaming at all. If you want to go to 170-210 Euros for a 19 inch. Dell has got some 5ms-8ms response time. And yes when I looked online I changed it to Finland, had some trouble reading names though.

Comment

That samsung suncmaster would be damn good to have but unfortunately I decided that my monitor won't be over 200€.

2ms response time is usually that what tells if the monitor is for gaming or not (meaning that I want it to be 2ms). 5ms monitors ain't impossible choice but these two monitors I'm checking here both come with just 10-20€ more price, and even as the diffrence is tiny, I wan't it.

Why I need new monitor is for my new computer (like I told), and right now all parts together (including mouse,monitor etc.) will cost 900€. When just computer costs about 500€. 900€ is the limit and if I buy either of these monitors total will go down to 850-880€, if I buy 250€ monitor (like suncmaster) It will cost 950€... Thats big diffrence for me, because it tells will I get my new computer now or after 4 months...

LG is what I'm right now going after, price is reasonable when compared that it has 2ms response + other sweets. Thank you really much for responses, if I come up with something else about monitors I will ask it here.

Comment

Well I can tell you first hand that the ViewSonic models are beautiful!

I own two of them. (Duel monitor configuration) I use them for Photoshop, 3ds Max, Video Editing, BF2142 and everything else in between. The only thing I've noticed is they tend to run a little bright, so I have to take that into account when creating materials for print/distribution or risk the content turning out darker then intended.

In all I would personally recomend them to anyone as they have served me quite well.

~ Draken

Comment

I have the VX922 and it is a GREAT monitor. I do not think you can go wrong with it. It is super fast and has a beautiful picture. It will be a great addition to your gaming repertoire.
                  I actually upgraded to the Samsung 226BW, but my wife still uses my VX922. Happy hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver_Pipe View Post
                    That samsung suncmaster would be damn good to have but unfortunately I decided that my monitor won't be over 200.
                    Just thought i'd show you This one on ebay at the moment, it has 11hrs to go, 2 yrs left on warranty and is WOW cheap at the mo!

Maybe you can grab yourself a bargain :)

Good luck whatever choice ya make.

Comment

Originally posted by Just G View Post
                      Just thought i'd show you This one on ebay at the moment, it has 11hrs to go, 2 yrs left on warranty and is WOW cheap at the mo!

Maybe you can grab yourself a bargain :)

Good luck whatever choice ya make.
                      This would be great1 but unfortunately it says Post to: United Kingdom. Damn cheap but price will propably go up...
                      Looks damn nice though... Meaby if I'am able to save from my computer's shell (or whatever that is in english), then this would be what I'm going for... Just need to count my total parts price now!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X