Buying a new TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new TV

So I'm looking to buy a new TV but I figured I'd pop in here to see if anyone had any suggestions. Now this TV will be mainly used for movies and my 360 heck if it doubles asa monitor thats ok with me too.

I have about $1000 to spend on it and I'm looking for something in the 32 inch to 42 inch range. So like I said any suggestions would be great.

Re: Buying a new TV

Consumer reports recently did an update to their TV guide, and said that prices have fallen like 40% a year the past 2 years. Check the library becuase they usually keep all their back issues. I know the review I saw at the store the other day said some model of Samsung was their top choice.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

37" Sharp Aquos $899

LG 42LC7D LCD HDTV - 42" $899
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Try and find a 42" within your budget. We currently have a 32" Samsung sitting in the living room "theater" shelf/cabinet. It already feels quite small after several years of use.

Dad is still shopping around for a 52" and so far both of us only like the picture quality of the Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, and Panasonic models. Seeing how expensive Sony is compared to the others, it's not high on our list.

Personally, I like the Samsung first and the Toshiba ones second.

If you want to compare several models in person, then I suggest: Best Buy.

Here's a nice Samsung for $949: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889102207

And here's a nice Toshiba for $999: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889102207
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

But as usual, all the TVs you see at best buy are usually running off 1 source, and they suffer from that. I have seen a model on the wall at a bar and it looked amazing. Went and looked at it in the store and it looked horrible. All grainy and color looked like crap.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X