No announcement yet.

BF2 on Vista business?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 on Vista business?

Hey guys Im trying to get a buddy of mine into POE2 with TG but hes having trouble getting BF2 to run on his machine. Hes on a dell laptop running Vista business 32bit. He says there were no errors installing or patching, but when he tries to run it, he gets the splash screen and the screen goes black like its starting but then it just goes back to the desktop. He has tried to run it in compatability mode for xp, run as administrator and all that good stuff. I was wondering if any of you guys have run into this?

Re: BF2 on Vista business?

Are you sure his laptop has enough power to run BF2? And is he trying to boot into POE2 or vanilla BF2?

Wouldn't happen to know the model and specs of his laptop would you?

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Its a Dell Precision M65 with a centrino duo 1.66 , 2GB ddr2 and a quadro video card (not sure what model). He is trying to load just strait BF2. I can run BF2 on my old gateway which ran a Turion x2 1.6, 2GB, and x1150 video on XP pro- all at low settings of course, but it would run. Ill find out what video he is running exactly

Its his graphics card. Ive had that same issue and when I got my graphics card it worked fine. He needs to get a new graphics card that is compatible with BF2

Windows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
        1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
        512 MB of RAM or more
        8x or faster CD/DVD drive
        2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
        Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (see video)
        Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible (Sound Blaster X-Fi series recommended )

Video card must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:
        NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
        ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
        or you can go here for a list of supported video cards

His video card is a quadro 350M with 256MB of ram.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed