phantom sound comming from speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phantom sound comming from speakers

about once every 2 minutes or so, i have a sound come from my speakers, it is the same sound every time, kindof like a ploop, that lasts about .5 seconds, i have no clue what it is from, but i will try to get a sound file uploaded if possible, it almost sounds like the sound of a popup being blocked... but idk, it started in the past few days, the only new programs i have installed lately are:
    auslogic boostspeed. dosBox

is there a program that can track programs that send signals to my speakers? its kind of annoying in a low-battery-smoke-detector sort of way, only not as loud, but just as persistant
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: phantom sound comming from speakers

is this on the 9300?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

yep, i rebooted and the sound persists
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I think I remember reading something about that with that model. I am sure you have already tried google, but try again with an emphasis on the model of laptop. I was sure there was a software fix.

I think it was either drivers or DX. I don't remember.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Is this Windowx XP or Vista on this Dell 9300?

Also, could it ham radio signals being captured by your speakers?

I know I've had weird sounds come out of my speakers before and it was because my system and the speakers were acting like a big o' signal magnet and it ended up capturing ham radio signals and stuff.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I think everyone is aware of the ESP displayed by speakers when a cell phone is about to ring... maybe there is something there.

Comment

ya, its not interference, i run vista, and after closly watching/waiting for the beep, staring at the mixer volume bar that fills higher, the louder it is, it is definitly not interference because the bar lights up when the beep happens, it didnt happen at all today tho, so i wonder if the 4-5 shutdown/restarts fixed it