Coolink GFXChilla VGA Cooler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolink GFXChilla VGA Cooler

Here is a just posted article where they test an aftermarket Gfx. card cooler that costs about $30, and it ends up cutting the temps on a new 4850 almost in half, and does it extremely quiet. They were actually surprised at how well it worked.

Even if you don't plan on overclocking your gpu, the cooler temps means the card will last longer and run quieter. Not bad for $30 and a quick swap.

Canada's NCIX has them available for $21 plus shipping, but newegg doesn't sell that brand yet.

Coolink GFXChilla VGA Cooler

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Coolink GFXChilla VGA Cooler

That sounds like a good investment. I found some instructions online for modifying a file and setting the fan speeds on my 4850. I created 2 profiles, one called normal and one called overclock. The normal profile is just default everything and overclock is for gaming with some overclocking and the fan speed set to 100%. Its a little loud but temps never go over 45c. Changing profiles is a matter of 2 clicks. I dont remember the forum where I saw it, but if any of you are interested I can walk you though it, its super simple!

Comment

You could probably set up a key bind to do it as well. Most programs do any way. That way you could just hit like Ctrl-Alt-G or something to switch modes. I used to do that with ATI tool, when I had a X850pro. Just hit the keybind and the fan jumped up in speed. Would do it just before I started gaming.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

oh well thats cool i didnt know that. Ill have to look for that feature

Comment

Are those 8MM heatpipes I see popping out of that thing? :) Looks nice. I've never had the balls to pop the stock cooler off of video card for some reason but the stock part keeps my 2900XT nice and cool.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X