Logitech G7 Mouse Problem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G7 Mouse Problem!

Okay, I've built my new machine like 3 days ago and have Vista x64 and a Logitech G7 mouse.

I also have Setpoint 4.60 (64-bit) installed.

For the last few days, my mouse pointer has been jumping around randomly on screen and in games I play.

Just now I was playing CS:Source and my mouse pointer has ceased to work about 5 times. The only way I could get the mouse to move again was to disconnect the wireless USB dongle and reconnect it.

Previously I've never had this problem on XP Pro 32-bit.

Is there some sort of fix for this problem that I'm not aware of?

Or is my mouse dying on me?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Logitech G7 Mouse Problem!

What mousepad are you using and how old is this mouse.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Acreo,
      DesertFox just installed Vista with his wireless Logitech and was having problems as well. I was helping him on X-fire and saw tons of posts about your very same problem. I didn't read them because that wasn't the problem DesertFox was having, but if you google about it, you should find the answer. I think even Logitech's forums had a lot, as well as their knowledge base.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I just uninstalled the Setpoint 4.6 (64-bit) software and drivers.

I did a required reboot and suffered 3 BSODs. I had to manually power down my system and power it back up.

This is starting to worry me.

Bam,
        I found a very long thread on Logitech's official forums.

Solutions vary from physcial replacement (gotta find my receipt and box) to installing older versions of Setpoint. Since I'm using 64-bit Vista, the oldest I could find right now is 4.4. I'm going to try that out and hopefully not suffer any more BSODs.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This is starting to become more problematic.

I tried my mouse out without any Logitech software for a few hours and had no freezing or glitching problems with my cursor.

I just installed a older version of the Logitech Setpoint software (v. 4.40) and did a restart. The computer froze (with HDD activity light constantly blinking) for a good ten minutes before I hit the reset button.

After I booted into Windows just now (again having to power it off and on manually), Windows indicated the disruption to the normal starting of Vista may have been caused by one or more of the following:
          • CPU
          • PSU
          • Memory
          • Motherboard

I've noticed a memory dump to hard drive on every one of the BSODs so far. I'm going to see if I can do a Memtest off of a ISO on this machine.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Acreo, it is not the memory, it is the mouse drivers!
            Logitech, just like Creative, still havent' gotten their crap together.

You will always have a memory dump with a BSOD.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

That's what I figured after this last BSOD. Thanks for the confirmation Bam. :)

1 1/2 years doesn't seem to be enough time for Logitech to release stable mouse drivers for one of their most popular products. :(
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

OK, I have the G7 as well and found out there was no real reason to download and install the software. Most games I play will let me set the buttons as I want them anyway and the software was to demanding for my system I had before I built my new one, so I never used it. My new system can handle it with no problems but then there is that thing, I don't need the setpoint software so don't have it.

Just uninstall it and do with out unless for some real good reason you need the setpoint software, which I really doubt there is. The mouse will work just fine without any of the software and Windows recognizes it with no problems(at least for me). The setpoint application is just that and not drivers, the drivers needed for mouse operation is usually included with Windows.
                Only Logitech software I have running is for my G15 keyboard but even when I go to play I sgutdown the profiler and keep the gamepanel manager running so I can use the LCD(for TS, performance, fraps, and EVGA Precision).

When I ran the setpoint software I use to have the same problems with mouse jumping across the screen and being real jittery. In games it was just completely unreliable to play with. I had thought it was a crappy mouse till a buddy of mine also has thesame mouse told me to just uninstall the setpoint software. Glad he told me that and I did uninstall cause I was getting ready to go buy a new mouse and call Logitech and give them hell.

Comment

I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit with logitech setpoint 4.4 and uberoptions without issue. I did at the beginning need to work on it though to get it all to cooperate. I had to turn off UAC all together, then make sure all acceleration is turned off for the mouse. Use only setpoint to set mouse settings. Since that and a few more tweaks to get uberoptions to work with vista, I have been good. When you uninstall it, make sure to clear ALL instances of it out of the registry and program folders before reinstalling.

I am going to try to find my posts of exactly what I did, and then copy paste them for you.

Drayu

Comment

I am using Logitech Mx518, and I am soon buying the newest one.
                    I got no problem with Logitech or Vista, and I am not using any special drivers for my mouse (it is plug and play)
                    Look under your chair!

Comment

Hmm, well I can't bind my "forward" key when using Teamspeak without Setpoint's "keystroke assignment". I've basically become dependent on using that key for voice chat in games since it saves me from getting blown away.

Otherwise my index finger would have to hold down a key and that doesn't allow to strafe anymore.

After reinstalling Setpoint, I haven't experienced anymore mouse freezing problems...yet.

I just wish my connection was stable.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I experienced horrible connection problems, then I moved my USB transmitter stick to a front USB, and viola....no probs. maybe you have something interferring :dunno:

Comment

I have the older G15 keyboard which has USB ports in the back, so I have my Revolution's base stick plugged into the one on the right, putting it very close to the mouse.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                            I have the older G15 keyboard which has USB ports in the back, so I have my Revolution's base stick plugged into the one on the right, putting it very close to the mouse.
                            and do you experience problems?

Comment

I also had to move my cordless telephones base, it did seem to effect the mouse performance some but still it was the setpoint program that still caused a lot of my problems.
                              I think I would find another way of using a button for TS and try without the setpint application, to me I think it is way to demanding on a system to run. Frees up a lot of resources when it is uninstalled.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X