No announcement yet.

easy Folder sharing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy Folder sharing

It is a microsoft live application. There is a windows and mac client.

The download and install is only about 1 meg.

You set up the folders you want to share and select if you want to sync them automatically or on demand.

Then it keeps the folders synced across at least 5 computers, the number I have set up.

There is a limit of 10,000 files per shared folder, though you can have multiple folders.

Another really nice feature is you can share all the files your entire computer. These are not syncronized but you can browse and download any file from a client setup to share. You have control over what folders you want to share.

There is also the ability to set up a public share. Haven't tried it yet.

It is very easy to use. It works from behind NAT(s) and is pretty speedy. It takes about 25 minutes to move 6900 files totally 1.2 gig from my work computer to my home computer. If I change/add a file on one computer it appears on the other within a minute if automatic sync is enabled.

It is beta and you need a live or hotmail account.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed