Cash back on Nvidia's 280 and 260, guess they are sorry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash back on Nvidia's 280 and 260, guess they are sorry

A bunch of companies announced yesterday that to make things right with all the people that bought 280s and 260s before the price crashed, they are giving a good refund back. I know XFX is doing it because it is all over the tech sites, but I talked to Desert Fox last night and he said EVGA is hooking him up with like $150 or something.

That is just good customer service. Would help convince me to buy from them again.

One of the articles is here:

XFX announces cash back program for XFX customers affected by GeForce GTX 200 price cuts

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Cash back on Nvidia's 280 and 260, guess they are sorry

On one hand that is really great. The fact that they are admitting to discrepency between price and performance is a big thing.

On the other hand it kind of shows how they price the cards regardless of performance. They knew that there 280 was going to be top dog and priced it as such. However most people don't need THAT much power especially at that price and the 4870 really made them look greedy.

This really isn't a reflection on the cards tech and design more the marketing department and accountants.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X