Anyone using WindowsXP64 beta?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using WindowsXP64 beta?

I was thinking about downloading and running it on this new box I'm putting together. Anyone heard anything good or bad about it?

It's free, and I like that:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Anyone using WindowsXP64 beta?

im still working on my 64 machine and was thinking about using it, however i heard it wasnt very stable.. if you know otherwise i'd like to know so i dont have to go out and get another copy of xp

Comment

A friend installed it on his laptop. He liked it a lot and noticed it was much faster. However, there isn't much driver support so stuff like his wireless was unusable. You might have better luck with a desktop though.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

it was flaky for me on install..... had to keep my mouse moving through the whole thing, and had to restart unscheduled 6 or 7 times due to freeze ups. after install, I could not install drivers for my radeon 9600 mobile, or my wireless card..... two of the most important things on the laptop....... it was faster quite noticeably, and if I ever get more than 2gig free on my 80gig internal, Ill try again......
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

OK, can't I dual boot? I've never had a dual boot system before. Would I install XP Pro (32bit) first or install the 64bit OS first?

Meh... Perhaps I should just stick with the tried and true...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

you need to have the partitions set up before trying to install the second os, but installing either first will be ok.......
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X