X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22" Wide screen LCD monitor for $199

I wandered across this at Staples today:
    http://www.staples.com/office/suppli...P2000:CL142218

My wife's monitor blew up last week so I ordered that one. It looks like it's going to be great for general computer work but I'm not sure about gaming.
    Retired 6th DB

Re: 22" Wide screen LCD monitor for $199

Notice at the Staples link there are 40+ "reviews", though ones on sites like that I don't usually trust. Seems too much like robots posted them. Newegg has a couple monitors from the company, to look at reviews on

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CH&srchInDesc=

I would say it looks like a decent company and a decent monitor for everyday use. Would need to do a lot more searching for real reviews before deciding if it was good for gaming. Would be great for a wife or the kids :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
      Notice at the Staples link there are 40+ "reviews", though ones on sites like that I don't usually trust. Seems too much like robots posted them. Newegg has a couple monitors from the company, to look at reviews on

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CH&srchInDesc=

I would say it looks like a decent company and a decent monitor for everyday use. Would need to do a lot more searching for real reviews before deciding if it was good for gaming. Would be great for a wife or the kids :D
      Yeah that is why I picked it up. She will use it for writing word documents, playing solitaire and watching Youtube videos. It should work fine for her. I would be nervous if I was buying it to play COD4 though.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Well, now that you've bought it, you could load up COD4 and give it a test drive and post a gamer review. ;)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

i have a Viewsonic VX2240w i think its 24inch but it might be 22 i dont have the spec sheet anymore bought it a yr ago for around $200 its widescreen dual inputs with the sweet little switch button VGA and DVI super fast response time. im to tired to see how much it costs now but it barly cost 200 when i got it so its probably much cheaper now.
          I will not place claymores in my front yard.

Comment

Just while on the subject of 22" deals, I didn't look into this for reviews, but the Acer 22" just popped up on Office Depot for $180 after rebate.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...Monitor-Black/

Edit: well crap, looked it up on newegg and it is a really well liked monitor.
            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009094
            Makes me want to get another 22", instead of the 15"

1420 reviews and it got average of 5 stars easy

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              Just while on the subject of 22" deals, I didn't look into this for reviews, but the Acer 22" just popped up on Office Depot for $180 after rebate.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...Monitor-Black/

Edit: well crap, looked it up on newegg and it is a really well liked monitor.
              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009094
              Makes me want to get another 22", instead of the 15"

1420 reviews and it got average of 5 stars easy

i got one of thoues for one of my customers they loved it and it survived a fire that burned down the house.

Comment

We received the monitor today. The colors seem to be nice and crisp. I actually had to turn down the brightness quite a bit. Blacks are just a bit washed out but look fine.

We installed the monitor on my wife's machine and she looked thrilled. I told her to play with it a bit and let me know what she thought. After about an hours use she came down to my office and told me she didn't like it. It was "too big". I tried everything to make it look like she wanted but she simply didn't like it. We finally swapped the new one with the old 19" LCD I had been using.

I ran a quick 10 minute test and found that COD4 at 1680x1050 on a 22" widescreen looks awesome. The old monitor I was using was terrible for gaming so I can't really compare the two but I definitely like this one. I don't think it is going to beat the upper end LCD's but it seems to hold it's own for me.

the moral of the story:

I bought this LCD for simple web browsing and I ended up using it for my main machine.
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Today on www.woot.com $199 for a 22" LG

Comment

Good deal, but it is refurbished. Sometimes you can luck out and get a good one, other times not.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
                      Today on www.woot.com $199 for a 22" LG
                      Unfortunately, it's a refurb, the 10,000:1 is a Dynamic Contrast Ratio (700:1 actual), and it's 6 bit color not 8... bleh...

Most of the comments appear to express that a better deal can be found elsewhere.
                      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X