Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Keyboard Media keys in Vista

Gentlemen,

I am a simple man, of simple intent: I enjoy the usage of my keyboard for typing characters and I do not enjoy pressing other, different keys on said keyboard to launch programs and change OS settings.

Specifically, I would thoroughly enjoy disabling all media key functionality on my keyboard. Most annoyingly, I would like to disable the extremely large and easy to hit button with the icon of a moon on it. "Yes, good sir, I do very much so enjoy picking up my keyboard and automatically putting my computer to sleep. I use it as a trick to impress the ladies. 'See,' I say,' the magic touch, baby!'"

Any suggestions at all are welcome.

Re: Disabling Keyboard Media keys in Vista

I had a microsoft keyboard, and even though the media keys worked, I never had the option to do anything with them till I actually looked up the keyboard on microsoft.com and installed the drivers for it. Might give that a try.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

If I was you I would've just opened my keyboard up and pushed out the keys or something by now.

Comment

Additional key functionality is software controlled. You either have or need to get the software for the keyboard in order to disable it, generally. If you bought a factory setup, chances are the software is already on the machine and you just need to find it.
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Your best bet is to try and avoid hitting the sleep key.

Otherwise, you could try going into Power Options under Control Panel and disabling sleep/hibernate mode completely. That way if you do hit it, it won't do anything.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            Your best bet is to try and avoid hitting the sleep key.

Otherwise, you could try going into Power Options under Control Panel and disabling sleep/hibernate mode completely. That way if you do hit it, it won't do anything.
            Kind sir, I am forever in your debt. My thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X