In Depth: Celeron E1200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Depth: Celeron E1200

Okay before some of you brush past this because "it's a celly", it still warrants a look. :icon6:

I've been waiting for this one and it would be a perfect way to upgrade some of the older systems in my house so they can all run Vista. :)

Source: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...ron-e1200.html

It's a interesting review and performance test. The 512 KB L2 cache doesn't make it a very good game processor, but it would be fine for the casual gamer playing older titles.

At $50, it's very affordable and it's also on my list to become home server CPU.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: In Depth: Celeron E1200

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
    At $50, it's very affordable and it's also on my list to become home server CPU.
    I grabbed a single core Celery 420 for that purpose, so you should be happy with 2 cores :D

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

:icon14: Nice!

Goodness, I read through the whole review and that chip overclocked to 3.4 GHz...:icon_eek:
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I paired mine with this low cost mobo, a gig of el cheapo value ram, and the smallest case I could find. Does the job!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X