Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think i just did somthing really dumb.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i just did somthing really dumb.

My sister's old laptop is messed up, so i went to reinstall windows xp, (it was already installed) so i deleted the NTFS partition it was installed on through the boot from CD xp Setup, now im installing windows xp on a new ntfs partion (NOT QUICK) and its formatting right now. Did i mess something up?

Re: I think i just did somthing really dumb.

only if there were files that she needed on there, if that be the case, you are already screwed, so dont stop the process
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Nah, she didn't need the files. So i'm good?

Comment

Yup you are golden :D
        sigpic

Comment

On a clear disk you can seek forever. :p
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

The way you did it will help ensure that the disk is in good shape too (no damaged sectors).
            Jon Biloh - Pub Game Servers
            Home of the QUALITY $1 / Slot Server
            pubgameservers.com

Comment

WHY CAN'T I +REP YOU?!?!?! sorry scratch - that was awesome.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

According to http://everything2.com/e2node/on%252...ek%2520forever

Said originally of diskettes in regard to the Apple ][, but possibly other systems later. The saying comes because on an Apple ][ system booting from a floppy disk, the machine didn't have any instruction governing what it should do if it didn't find any boot code on a disk at start-up. So, if the the disk were uninitialized (AppleSpeak for 'formatted'), the disk drive would spin and spin and spin... forever. This is a direct play on the saying "on a clear day you can see forever."
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  On a clear disk you can seek forever. :p
                  I feel enlightened. :icon_cool:row__593:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
                    My sister's old laptop is messed up, so i went to reinstall windows xp, (it was already installed) so i deleted the NTFS partition it was installed on through the boot from CD xp Setup, now im installing windows xp on a new ntfs partion (NOT QUICK) and its formatting right now. Did i mess something up?
                    LOL, I like your approach. "I just started hitting the laptop with a hammer to stop a ticking noise, did I mess something up?". I would assume everything should be fine but it's usually good to seek advice before setting out :row__581:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X