• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web browsers compared

Just saw this in alt.games.warcraft

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.g...f1ab205c248ef/

Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Web browsers compared

I almost lol'd, then I serioused.

I dropped Opera and punted it like a field goal when 9.5 came out. Ugly, clunky, and ill-mannered, I was completely disappointed because now I would never see a good Opera browser on Linux-64 and when I tried to go back to 9.27, the old version failed to function.

So, I'm now on Epiphany. It's lacking compared to 9.27, but it is sufficient.

Comment

Hmm, I've always hated designing and coding web pages for IE. Perhaps that "funny" chart's IE row will change when IE8 releases. :)

Best one: Apple Safari + Obsessed User. Rofl. :D
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I am lmmfao!

Wait, so I am "BOOM headshot" guy?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

What's really, really sad is that just yesterday I had a conversation with w little old lady about safari that fairly resembled the section she falls under on the picture.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

"I REFUSE TO CONFORM TO THE NORM. I CREATED THIS BROWSER TO EXEMPLIFY MY NONCOMFORMITY"
            Isn't that the slogan for MSIE?

Can't wait for IE8 and some standard complance... Looks like they have it passing the ACID 2 test =D

Comment

MS never intended for IE to conform to anything but what they wanted. :p

Mozilla Firefox + Experienced User. I'm almost to that point. :D
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

My $.02

I used Firefox for years but thought since I started using Vista I would give IE7 give a try. For me I like it better than Firefox, it seem faster with the build and the software I have loaded. I have no loyalty to either so I go with what feels right for me.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

I will say, most people I personally know that use FF have no clue why they have it except that their friends have it and they got it as well. Then they come across web pages that can't be viewed at all and have no idea what to do. They usually call me up and ask, so I say.... " go back to IE". I have not used FF that much to really and honestly make a judgement and should not say anything bad against it BUT I do and can of what I have seen and used it. I am happy with IE7, maybe as it is said, I may change my mind when IE8 comes out though.
                  For the majority though I do feel like they have a different browser for the simple fact their friends have it but when they have it on their computer they just have no clue as to how to use it properly. Until I see a NEED to switch I will stay with IE7, it has been good to me and plenty fast enough, except on pages that are just slow anyway or when my ISP is on the fritz.
                  I also did a speed comparison one time myself and as I said, I seen no real differences from different browsers when viewing web pages, if anything it seemed like the downloaded browsers made my computer slower.

Comment

The things you can do with grease monkey and the TG website alone should be enough incentive to switch to FF.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Using FF over IE doesn't just benefit the user: More exploits target IE, and MS is much slower at fixing them when they're revealed. So more IE users are going to unknowingly get their machines turned into spam bots that cause grief for the rest of us.

It's like being green: You don't get the benefit for yourself. You're doing it for humanity. ;)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        The things you can do with grease monkey and the TG website alone should be enough incentive to switch to FF.
                        I haven't used Greasemonkey for anything, but the FFX extensions and Better Gmail v2 just re-affirm my choice in the Foxy One. I tried Opera both when it went free, and the brand new one. I didn't like it, mostly because I didn't like the interface, and I had a much more difficult time with add-ons. I'm one of those people that likes component (plugin) based things. Give me a base, and let me attach things to it to suit my likes and needs. Additionally, after reading so much about the interface and browsing being faster, I tested it for myself, and didn't really notice a speed difference. If there was, then it was too negligible for me to care. Additionally, it seemed to have more trouble rendering some sites, than FFX or IE.

HOWEVER, I DO like Opera's smartphone mini-browser a HELL of a lot. It makes browsing to sites (like TG...) a much more pleasant experience on my BB Pearl. FFX mobile... still in the pipes.

If you need IE for a webpage, there's an IE render plugin for Firefox called "IE Tab". There you go :)

Oh, and the pic is high-larious :D
                        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I heard about FF a while back, tried it and liked it. This was when they had exclusive tab browsing. I don't really use many features in FF but the few that I do make going back to IE annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                            If you need IE for a webpage, there's an IE render plugin for Firefox called "IE Tab". There you go :)
                            But don't use it for any questionable web pages. Including pr0n. IE Tab is IE. It uses the "embeddable control" supplied by IE. So it has all the vulnerabilities of IE, and will get you infected just as fast.

(Other programs that include some kind of embedded web content, such as Steam, also use the IE embedded control. So be careful when browsing the web from inside such a program.)

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                              But don't use it for any questionable web pages. Including pr0n. IE Tab is IE. It uses the "embeddable control" supplied by IE. So it has all the vulnerabilities of IE, and will get you infected just as fast.

(Other programs that include some kind of embedded web content, such as Steam, also use the IE embedded control. So be careful when browsing the web from inside such a program.)
                              Yep. Everyone needs to be sure they take note of such.

We have an application at work that simply runs better in IE, so I IE Tab it, and the occasional [non-pr0n lol] page that won't render quite right. Also, some auto websites don't render right and some news articles, simply don't play nice with FF.
                              "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                              Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X