HL2 DM Co-op?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2 DM Co-op?

I'm just downing a whole lot of stuff for my CS: S server (updating) and most of it seems to be for HL2 DM naturally. There are many files with names that would lead me to believe there is in fact a team co-op element to HL2 DM (us against combines). Is this true? This could be a lot of fun if it is, its taking all day otherwise I would have tried it and saved the stupid questions...

Re: HL2 DM Co-op?

There is a HL2 co-op mod in development. It's supposed to give us something similar to Sven co-op. http://mods.moddb.com/1435/

I'm not quite sure what you mean by HL2 Deathmatch co-op though. Do you mean one side is Combine and the other side is rebel (Gorden, Alyx, et al)? Or did you just mean HL2 SP co-op?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=

I'm not quite sure what you mean by HL2 Deathmatch co-op though. Do you mean one side is Combine and the other side is rebel (Gorden, Alyx, et al)? Or did you just mean HL2 SP co-op?
      I know about Sven Coop being in development but was wondering, as you said and as I illuded to in my post, if there was a rebel team coop against combine element to the game right now.

Comment

If you mean Team Deathmatch, then yes, there is. I played a bit on it earlier today. It is just that, two teams, deathmatching. Rebels v. Combine. Nothing much else is different though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Krueger
          If you mean Team Deathmatch, then yes, there is. I played a bit on it earlier today. It is just that, two teams, deathmatching. Rebels v. Combine. Nothing much else is different though.
          Oh, thanks! I thought there might be a rebel team made up of human players fighting against a team of combine and monster AI, no such luck though. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

That wouldn't be deathmatch then. It would essentially be co-op and when you mentioned the both together, it was a bit confusing.

What exactly are you thinking about? There are human players against AI Combine and monsters. Is it like a mission? Or is it just plump the players in a room full of AI bad guys?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Duke Nukem 3D co-op over 14.4k dial-up connection was some of the most fun I ever had. It was like Halo Co-op x 1000.

Co-op play is like the Holy Grail of video games, and it still pisses me off to no end that more games don't have it.

Think about it. Halo was a fun game, but by FPS standards: it's pretty weak (besides the inclusion of an actual storyline). The Co-op made that game playable for hours on end even after you went through it once on Legendary. With the advent of online gaming communities and broadband Internet, along with the ease of making a system to get the players together: why isn't co-op standard in almost every FPS?

I don't buy many Console games anymore, but I did go buy X-Men: Legends because of the Co-op play. It's a base rate Action/RPG on par with the Console AD&D games, but the co-op makes it much more enjoyable. Consoles seem to have the right idea with games like SOCOM and Hunter: The Reckoning. Why can't PC developers do the same?

Meh, I'm just ranting now.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                What exactly are you thinking about? There are human players against AI Combine and monsters. Is it like a mission?
                Yeah, sorry to be unclear, that's what I was thinking. Did you ever play Serious Sam 2 Coop? That type of thing... Sven coop looks like it will fit that bill when its ready though. Thanks for the comments lads! :icon7:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X