Help Pls I Get 19 Fps!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Pls I Get 19 Fps!!!!

i really need any suggestion with anything to better help my ns gaming experience. I am getting 19 fps during game play. Often i seen it drop to 5 and below and i dont know why, i tried everything, im about to give up on online gaming all together, so if anyone has any suggestions pls help.....and no nothing else is running except steam, you guys are my last hope, here is a little something about my system:

windows xp home eddition
    windows service pack 2
    intel celeron 2.10 GHz, 512 MB of Ram
    using intel extremem graphic controller

i also tried changing some in game settings as well pls respond with ideas

Re: Help Pls I Get 19 Fps!!!!

Originally posted by espeon
    using intel extremem graphic controller
    What is this? Onboard video? That could be your problem...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well, a lot depends on which games you're trying to play. With that setup, if you were trying to play Joint Ops, I'd get down on your knees and thank whatever it is you're inclined to thank for such things that you we able to acheive double digits in FPS.

Half-Life would probably go. NS wouldn't (or shouldn't, at least), BF1942 should be laughably slow, GR might be passable, considering the pace at which the game plays anyway. :)

Tell us more, tell us more!
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

say this with me......

cell

errrrrrrrr

on

in

tell

now, never use them in the same in the same sentence as "gaming" again.

intel extreme (even the 2nd inclination) is anemic at best for games..... nothing less than a radeon 7500 or gf 2 mx for hl mods will work ..... better would be a 9000 and up or gf 4 (anything but mx) and up for hl/gr. best low end now is a ati 9600 or fx 5700.

celeron is another weak link. get a p4 the extra cache works wonders on games.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
          nothing less than a...gf 2 mx for hl mods will work
          Actually, a nVIDIA TNT2 Ultra can outperform a GF2mx and will play HL mods at over 60 fps...

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
            Actually, a nVIDIA TNT2 Ultra can outperform a GF2mx and will play HL mods at over 60 fps...
            MANY many lies!

I had a geforce2mx 220 once.. and i had a constant fps of 99 in 800x600 32bit colors

Also, a geforce4mx isnt bad at all for any HL1 mods. Get into BF1942, and you get 30fps easily

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
              MANY many lies!

I had a geforce2mx 220 once.. and i had a constant fps of 99 in 800x600 32bit colors
              Whoa there, sparky... Read what I said again... I can assure you that some TNT2 Ultras outperform some GF2mxs. I didn't say that a TNT2 will outperform all GF2 mxs.

BTW: When I cranked my display down to 800x600, I was getting 99fps with my TNT2 Ultra as well... Best video card EVER (adjusted for "inflation", of course).

Comment

Originally posted by DdogG
                intel extreme (even the 2nd inclination) is anemic at best for games.....
                Hey! That's my vid card! I play fine, on NS.

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
                  Whoa there, sparky... Read what I said again... I can assure you that some TNT2 Ultras outperform some GF2mxs. I didn't say that a TNT2 will outperform all GF2 mxs.

BTW: When I cranked my display down to 800x600, I was getting 99fps with my TNT2 Ultra as well... Best video card EVER (adjusted for "inflation", of course).
                  oh :P

well, i still loved my geforce2mx :)
                  it actually played fine in bf1942 :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
                    oh :P

well, i still loved my geforce2mx :)
                    it actually played fine in bf1942 :)
                    Hmm, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought that the MX cards didn't support T&L... Your framerate might've been OK, but you would've been missing some things that were supposed to be displayed. That's the game that forced me to upgrade to a GF3 Ti...

Comment

for the tnt2 ultra, I thought it WAS classified above the gf2 mx......
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Hey thanks guys, so all i need is a better vid card? I will go to the local merchant and see if i can purchase one, lol...... thx again

btw HairyNevus, if you have the same graphics controller, what are your settings? Maybe i wont have to make that trip to the local shop keep after all, but will anyways just for the purpose of going....

Comment

Who did I sell my TNT2 to? Somebody here at TG, I know. Was it Phyllis?

CRS disease sucks...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by espeon
                            Hey thanks guys, so all i need is a better vid card? I will go to the local merchant and see if i can purchase one, lol...... thx again

btw HairyNevus, if you have the same graphics controller, what are your settings? Maybe i wont have to make that trip to the local shop keep after all, but will anyways just for the purpose of going....
                            A video card of any kind is a START. Take DdogG's words to heart; a Celeron is not built for gaming.
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

his motherboard probably doesnt have an AGP slot if its a intel board with onboard video.........:(
                              From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X