X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nehalem Primer: What We Know So Far About Intel's Next-Gen Penryn Killer

New article just posted on MaximumPC

Nehalem Primer: What We Know So Far About Intel's Next-Gen Penryn Killer

Just a good short basic overview to help everyone catch up on what it is, and why we will soon be talking about it non-stop. :icon_eek:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Nehalem Primer: What We Know So Far About Intel's Next-Gen Penryn Killer

Hmm, it doesn't mention the possibility of the integrated graphics processor on die. Guess it isn't going to make it to the final cut. :p

I like how they're bringing back HT and on top of that building the memory controller right onto the CPU itself. I wonder if that new controller is going to work well.

Anyone know what the price speculation is at this point?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
      Anyone know what the price speculation is at this point?
      Eleventy Million Dollars?

Ok, so I don't really have any idea. I just wanted to work that SNL Celebrity Jeapordy reference into casual conversation.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I posted prices in another thread, but there is supposed to be one in the first 3 released is supposed to be under $400. The top one is like $999 or higher, just like always.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

we seem to be hitting a revolving cpu speed cycle..... p4 hit 3ghz, and then 64bit processors took off at 1.8 (beating the 3ghz p4) then the 64bit processors hit 3ghz, and the multi core took off at 1.6-2.0 (beating the 3ghz 64bit single cores) now that the multi cores are hitting 3ghz, they are just adding more cores, i want a dual core 9ghz cpu..... bring it