Corrupted downloads and video playback issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted downloads and video playback issues

Can anyone offer any advice. After a recent complete reinstall of Windows Xp I have been jhaving problems downloading stuff and I cannot view videos via WMP or any other medium.

I have not installed SP3 yet as that seemed to cause me problems before. WMP11 is installed but even you tube videos lock up about halfway through as if they are still buffering. I have 20 meg fibre optic and usually get a minimum of 15 meg download so this should not be a bandwith problem. I have recently uninstalled a Nvidia hardware firewall as I use the default windows version. This windows firewall is still on the default settings as far as I'm aware. I am wondering if the problem is being caused by the Nvidia Network Access Manager. I had problems with this last year and I think I unistalled it then reinstalled from the GFX card disc, omitting the NAM.

I am loath to unistall the NAM again as it often causes internet connection problems and I can't remember how I fixed it last time lol. Does anyone know the easy way to get rid of this cruddy software so I can watch videos. At the moment I can't even watch the vids posted on the TG site and only about 1 in 5 downloads are successful. Any large files just corrupt, even when using a download manager. If someone could help I'd be very grateful, just let me know what info you need. You will have to be tolerant of imbeciles as well as I am dumber than rocks when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks

Re: Corrupted downloads and video playback issues

I didn't know Nvidia even made anything network related. Interesting.
    Have you contacted your ISP? They should be able to run some remote tests and may be able to diagnose your problem for you.

I am in the shallow end of the pool on networking troubles, but when I need help I always go here:
    http://www.dslreports.com/

They have a ton of testing tools to try out, and a forum full of network eggheads that are usually quick to reply. You do need to set up an account (e-mail and password), but it is quick and easy.

Forum:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

Just make sure you post in the right section so people can find you that know about your system.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Re: Corrupted downloads and video playback issues

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
      I had problems with this last year and I think I unistalled it then reinstalled from the GFX card disc, omitting the NAM.
      I presume you have an nForce chipset motherboard (which one ?). Which Nvidia driver are you using ?

The have been a lot of reports of this NAM causing corrupted downloads.

I'll find you some linkies.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X