Gateway P-7811 FX gaming laptop coming August 14 for $1499

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateway P-7811 FX gaming laptop coming August 14 for $1499

Thought I would post this for those heading off to school soon and still want to do some gaming on a laptop.

Gateway P-7811 FX gaming laptop coming August 14 for $1499

Gateway gaming laptops have been getting some good reviews lately.

And I'm sure BestBuy will have it on sale even cheaper at some point.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Gateway P-7811 FX gaming laptop coming August 14 for $1499

my laptop beats that outright (the video card is a little better, but everything else is a joke) for 200 less.

c2d t8400 2.4ghz, 4gig ram, bluRay, 2x 320gig WD 7200rpm (WOOHOO!!!), 9 cell battery, vista HP, verizon wireless, 2.0mp camera, GF 8600 GTX 256meg, 1920x1200 - 1200.00

my computer is already 6 months old too.... go figure.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I will just stick to dell for the near future especially since they are starting to change from proprietary to main stream.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

I was gonna buy that earlier this year but after thinking about it and figuring that i desktop was much cheaper. But i hear it is a good computer!!

Comment

This one actually hasn't been released yet.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

the dif between the mobile 9800 and 8800gtx are fairly minimal, clock speed really, but there is a big gap between the 8800 and the 8600 tho dog

9683 3dmark06 for the 9800gts vs 2484 for the 8600

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...GS.3707.0.html
            http://www.notebookcheck.com/NVIDIA-...TS.9893.0.html
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Christ, id love one of these bad buys, but the price worries me, the way most companies work is a direct 1>1 trasfer in currency from $ to , so 1500 is a hell of a lot of money! ($3000)

Comment

No way jeepo. It wouldn't be 1:1.
                Looking even at just AMAZON.UK your prices are super cheap even if you double them.
                Problem is Gatway only sells a few basic models in the UK (I looked).

I would buy this for you and send it over, but you guys use such funky power plugs, it would be a hassle :D :D :D :D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
                  the dif between the mobile 9800 and 8800gtx are fairly minimal, clock speed really, but there is a big gap between the 8800 and the 8600 tho dog

9683 3dmark06 for the 9800gts vs 2484 for the 8600

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...GS.3707.0.html
                  http://www.notebookcheck.com/NVIDIA-...TS.9893.0.html
                  first, you are looking at the gs, I have the GT. The GT scored 4434, and when you over clock it to 2x core and 1.8x mem, the score shoots up quite nicely. I scored 7294 myself.

the point is that I got better components almost across the board for less $$$. and the 1720 is not quite end of life yet. I still hold out hope for the off chance they put out a 9600 for it.
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Bestbuy has it on backorder, but Laptop Mag. has it's review up, and it looks really good.

They have it scoring 8,679 in 3Dmark06, and Engadget had a video yesterday with it running Crysis.

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/lapt...fx.aspx?page=1

And I'm sorry, but since when is it a downer that it doesn't have Blue-ray. How many people watch blue-ray movies often on their Laptop. I sure don't want to. What else do you need a blue-ray drive for. Maybe a burner for backups, but who wants to pay $20+ for a blank blue ray disk? I would rather use 3 DVD-R at $0.50 each any day.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I watch BR on my 1920x1200 17" laptop screen. @ 2ft. it is equal to more than a 120" screen @ 10ft.

Comment

How much was yours without the instant savings and rebate dog? It's a bit unfair to compare yours to the HP retail price. I'm sure HP will offer savings and coupons at some point.

Comment

0 rebates...

the dell coupons are always there, so it is fair.

I paid 1200.00

Comment

Always there, yeah? Let's see you price a comparable Dell like that right now. I'd consider buying one if you could.

Comment

outlet: http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineS...en&s=dfh&cs=22

1249 way better video card.

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineS...=22&l=en&s=dfh

1129 for most of the computer I have.

--or--

1195 for an xps 1330

2.4 c2d / 2gig ram / DVDRW / 320gig 7200rpm hdd / 8400gs 128meg / wireless-N / BT / webcam / biometric reader.

best I can do today...

within a month - you can get a better deal, though it does look like they are getting rid of the inspiron line completely.

1600 gets you a studio 17 with all the best specs and no coupons.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X