Dual Core or Quad Core?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Core or Quad Core?

A friend is looking at buying a Dell (I build my own but he doesn't want to go there and I don't want to build it because the last time another friend of ours did that he turned into technical support...) and is asking whether to go with a Q9300 or E8500 CPU. He does the just very basic (email and Internet) so I don't know what to recommend. Any suggestions?
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: Dual Core or Quad Core?

Well if he just does the very basics of email and Internet, then just get whatever's cheaper.

Comment

Exactly. Quad cores are only useful if you do very resource-intensive tasks, like 3D rendering. For the things most people do, a single core CPU is sufficient, for gamers and users of certain OSes with high hardware requirements, a dual core CPU is more recommendable.

Comment

If he isnt gonna be doing the gaming or video editing then id go with the cheapest model possible

Comment

If it's just email and internet then he's going way overboard. get a cheap dual core.

Comment

For email and web, an Atom-based sub-notebook like an Eee PC would be fine.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X