Games locking up and crashing problem help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games locking up and crashing problem help

So recently I have been having ARMA crash on me in the middle of a mission. When it does, the screen kind of flickers a bit, and may have a little bit of the screen still showing, usually in a band, and then the screens go black (I run dual monitor). It has done this like 30 times, causing me to hard crash my system because nothing responds. Twice it has actually done it and after about 20 sec. it crashed and returned me to desktop with an error saying Nvidia was to blame and it recovered itself.

So yesterday on comms I heard someone mention they had the same thing happening, and I just got a PM from Warlab saying it keeps happening to him (he didn't know I was having the same problem.)

So my question is, anybody else having this problem? I am using the next to newest GPU drivers, and I am going to update to the newest ones today, but I know Warlab is using them already, so I don't think that is the problem.

The fact that it happens after a good while of gaming would lead me to think maybe heat is the problem.

After goggling for a while, I find out other people are having problems as well, and I'm sure they are not playing ARMA. Anybody else having problems with Nvidia cards? I posted this in the ARMA section as well, but more people visit here, so thought I would ask.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Games locking up and crashing problem help

during a map change, about 20% of the time, i will hear the clunk sound where an application had an error and alt tab because CSS locks up, and i have to reboot because when i ctrl alt del and try to click on task manager, something invis is in the way so i cant close css (end task)