Monitor help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor help

Alright I give up it's time for a LCD. Any recommendations? My current CRT is 21in so I am looking for something bigger. 24in is probably as low as I am willing to go. A 16:10 aspect, fast response time, HDMI (for console use if I ever get around to buying a PS3/360), and component cables will be nice.

A 1:1 pixel ratio is a borderline must. While I am planning on a 4870X2 or 4870 Xfire I still would like to have a fall back if I can't match the screens resolution. I have no problem with insanely high resolutions. Pricing isn't too much of a concern.

On second thought I might as well just ask would you recommend 4870 XFire or a 4870X2? While I want to upgrade ASAP I can wait since I wouldn't be able to work on a computer because of my knee. Hell I can't even get my 21in CRT out of the way because of my knee.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Monitor help

As far as the video card goes, I would wait till next week when they release the X2 and we get to see some final scores. Again though, it will be another month or so for the next driver to come out with even better results.

As far as the monitor, lots of sites are liking the new updated 30" Dell, if you are talking about going really big. And it would be great for gaming with PS3.
    But you will probably want the 3008WFP over the 3007 model, as the new one adds tons of input options and other good things.
    Read the lower part of this page:
    http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3200&p=1

If that is a bit out of your price range though, the Dell24" is used by most tech sites, and pretty much every review of a 24" monitor compares it to the Dell.

Dell monitors over 24":
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/c...=19&l=en&s=dhs

If you do decide to go dell, or any monitor for that matter, keep checking here
    http://www.techbargains.com/
    It updates every few mins with new sales, and monitors come up all the time. They have coupon codes right now for the Dell 24".

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Going to pretty much agree with bamboo on this one. For as crap as their PC's are getting their monitors are still top notch.

If you're looking for a couple other brands worth checking out have a look at Samsung or Viewsonic.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Also, here is a just posted review of the new ASUS 24" monitor I have been hearing good things about
        ASUS MK241 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor

It does have HDMI, so it would be really easy to hook a PS3 up to it.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Check out the displays forum over at HardOCP.

http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Just look for the huge threads and you'll know which ones are popular. Btw, I have the Doublesight DS-263N and it's amazing.

Comment

RGM, did you end up making your decision?

And did you buy already?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Not yet. I am just trying to get advice on what to get. My CRT is pretty bad now. Colors aren't as sharp as they used to be, text is really blurry, there are visible lines on the screen, and I ever get headaches and eye pain from playing.

I was going to hop on the TG CSS server after finishing up some Company of Heroes but my eyes are killing.

I talked it over with my mother and it seems we can squeeze in a Dell 30in but I am not sure I really have my heart set on 1:1 pixel ratios but I haven't seen that feature on any PC monitors. I really want it because I doubt I could run games well at the 1900by1200 of most 24in LCD let along the native res of the Dell 30in. I don't plan on making a new build anytime soon so my X1800XT needs to hold out with the new resolution and I figured 1:1 pixel ratio would help out with that.

Not sure when I would buy the new one. I am still recovering from breaking my knee so I my knee could hold up that monitor. Doubt my arms could either. lol

I might get it this week though. I have been dealing with my CRTs eye strain for the last year and some change. I wish they still sold CRTs. lol
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Crap, you are going to need a new Video card at least to run the 30in, and probably the 24" as well at native rez. For the price of the 30, you could afford to do a whole new killer gaming rig and the 24" Dell. And the 24" has all the good connections of the 30".

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Go with the 24". 30" might be a bit overkill for you right now (unless you can bare not running at the higher resolution).
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ya I am think I am going for the Dell 24 unless someone has any other recommendations?
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X