An insight between the ATI Radeon 4850 and the Nvidia 9800GTX+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An insight between the ATI Radeon 4850 and the Nvidia 9800GTX+

Found this while surfing around about the 9800GTX+ personally and thought I'd post this up.
    Sorry if it's been posted somewhere but I checked around and didn't find it.

Both of these cards have a fairly similar price and performance.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/731/1/

It's pretty interesting to read through it all and has pushed me towards the GTX+ over the 4850

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Re: An insight between the ATI Radeon 4850 and the Nvidia 9800GTX+

Actually, that is a pretty good write up. Thanks for sharing it.

But it is from almost 2 months ago. The drivers have gotten better for the ATI card, and I am hearing more and more people having blue screens with Nvidia drivers lately. I don't me just me, though I am up to about 2 a day now.

Also, Newegg has 14 different 4870 to choose from, while the 9800+ only has 4, and that is a month after it's official release. It is nice that the 9800 finally went to 55nm, but looks like they did it too soon to actually provide enough to stock all their companies. And the aftermarket factory overclocked 4850s will be out on the market soon, making the 2 cards equal in performance.

Another thing to consider is the 4870 is a single slot card, meaning it would fit in smaller cases much easier than the huge brick of a 9800+

And most of the 4850 are around the $160-170 after rebates, while the 9800+ is mostly above $200.

If I set aside the problems with drivers, i would just go what ever has the best sell on right now. If I felt like spending an extra $40-60 dollars, the 9800+ would be an option.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yeah, i saw it was kind of old but it still stands at least somewhat. The OCing and mainly performance of the cards will still stand strong unless some driver turns the card fubar or godlike.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Has anybody been using a 4850 yet? I'm looking to upgrade my Nvidia 7800GTX which decided to croak on me the other day.

Comment

I didn't get the 4850, but I got the Diamond HD4870 and it is awesome. The 4800 series are well worth there price/performance over the Nvidia's at this point and time (No bashing). I stepped up from an XFX 7600GT

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X