Vista wireless lag spike every minute or so

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista wireless lag spike every minute or so

Hey, I've been searching forums and such and I came to this one and saw someone who fixed with the help of Ferris Bueler or w/e

but i have a different wireless card then him so can anyone help me... I have a linksys wireless-g PCI adapter..
    any tips?

Re: Vista wireless lag spike every minute or so

There is a program called Vista anti-lag. simple program that runs in the background

Download Link

I unfortunately have more problems with my wireless than this alone but this should fix you problem
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Hmm, I'm also going to give that a try.

I also get lag spikes with Vista on my wireless. Haven't figured out why though.

Edit:

Well I went and did some Googling on Vista Anti-Lag and found related postings about this same problem that CjM and I both have.

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-networ...ag-spikes.html
      http://help.wugnet.com/vista/Vista-W...rderasc-8.html

It seems this time, Microsoft is to blame. Great. Let's hope VAL works or I gotta dig out my ethernet cable again.

Edit 2:

Bummer. VAL didn't work. I'm going to have to uninstall the Vista driver for my card and try the XP one.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

yeah
        i tried VAL and i tried disabling the WLAN thing.. doesn't work. I'm gonna take vista off this computer and going to use this extra Windows XP i have laying around.. If that doesn't work I'm just gonna wire this **** up.

Thanks for the help tho

Comment

VAL didn't work for me either, even using XP drivers for my wireless card.

Instead of using XP again, I'm just going to go back to wired again.

I did a download test and noticed that when Vista searches for a new access point/network, ping rises to 1000+ or the packet is lost (ping and tracert test to my router). Watching my download speeds, I will get 320 KB/s one minute and see it drop to 20 KB/s the next.

Until Microsoft decides that it's built-in wireless system doesn't have to search constantly for a new network, wired is best for gaming.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

thats odd it works fine for me, maybe I have less problems than I think

Comment

Are you using a Linksys wireless card coupled with a Linksys router?

I'm using a MSI wireless card coupled with a Linksys router. So it might be that the card isn't supported by the VAL software.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have my wireless integrated into my motherboard an Asus P5K-E wifi I think the chip is a realteck

Comment

Hmm, must be because the VAL software only works with certain brands or models of wifi cards/integrated chipsets.

Anyways, I solved the lag problem by going back to wired (CAT 5e).
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X