Thermalright IFX-14 CPU cooler review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermalright IFX-14 CPU cooler review

Thought I would pass this just for interest, and partically for a laugh.
    The review shows it does decent, but HOLY CRAP I should hope so considering how big it is. Just crazy big. And it even comes with a little cooler that goes on the back of the motherboard as well.

Review
    Thermalright IFX-14

FYI, the Thermalright 120 and 120extreme still beats it.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Thermalright IFX-14 CPU cooler review

Holy Crap...

Friggin thing is enormous....or is itt ginoromous these days?

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

It's been ginormous the last few years.

Basically ever since the old Prescott cores.

Where would we find a case to fit that beast?

God, I know I can't fit that inside my Antec for sure. I'd need to cut a hole through the top of my case to fit that thing.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Looks like the radiator on one of those 1950's hot rods. :icon_eek:

Comment

Hmm, I might even have trouble closing the side cover. That tower looks a bit taller than usual.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm just disappointed it isn't Copper. Granted, the weight would probably shear the board, but still, Copper is so much cooler ;)
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I doubt the added weight of copper would "shear" the board.

Silicon boards aren't as easy to break as most people believe.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Actually, the wait of this could break a board, or at least some of the delicate connections. Remember, it is not just the weight, but what happens to it when it gets bumped a bit. And with the mass and shape of this, i think any bump would cause it to sway back and forth.

And actually, according to the article, it is copper with a nickle coating. By the way, you do know the price of copper is through the rooooooffffff right now.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                  Actually, the wait of this could break a board, or at least some of the delicate connections. Remember, it is not just the weight, but what happens to it when it gets bumped a bit. And with the mass and shape of this, i think any bump would cause it to sway back and forth.

And actually, according to the article, it is copper with a nickle coating. By the way, you do know the price of copper is through the rooooooffffff right now.
                  Yeah, I was just making a bit of a joke. That and I love my old Copper monster (weighing in at 780g) HSF on my current PC.

But it's very, very possible to damage a motherboard with a giant heavy HS. it won't shear through it in normal operation or anything, but it's far less able to withstand shock than the average case. I've seen a motherboard destroyed by one after being subjected to too much physical stress (read: dropped)

....I bet I can get a decent chunk of change for that thing when I go to recycle it.....
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Don't know if people have kept up in the news about the huge rise in theft of copper over the last year. I'm talking about people even trying to steal live power lines and guys going to houses that are on the market for sale and are empty and ripping out all the plumbing.

There was 1 guy that was trying to steal a whole spool of cable from a construction yard and the spool rolled and squashed him dead.

If you google for it, there are actually a ton of copper thieves that are good candidates for worlds most stupid crook.

For instance:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYUz5b2DbbY&feature=related[/media]

and

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYlfmrleZvA&feature=related[/media]

Guy in the 2nd video is after he had the **** shocked out of him :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE70GdDaGkE[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvrcjXTanoM&NR=1[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5sLOl0qsM&feature=related[/media]

That last one is really good news story about realestate theft.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Haha, you have to watch this one

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiPVzwDGdL4&NR=1[/media]

That police lady is freaking me out. Does she even have eyes????????????

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

The lengths people will go for copper nowadays makes me mad sometimes.

I'm guessing that's why Thermalright coated their copper hsf in nickel. ;)

Just don't tell your buddies it's copper. You might find it missing one day if you do. :D
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X