Using Safari on a PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Safari on a PC

well, i just recently updated my Itunes and Quicktime (needed to so i could use my brother's Ipod which he uses on his mac with his new wife) and well i had to do about 74 mb of upgrading, but i also was given the option to install safari.

Well........safarai is pretty interesting, i am quite surprised its working on a pc, to tell you the truth i thought my comp was going to turn into a mac and i was going to lose the functionality of having 2 sides to a mouse, so i figured with me using safari i might as well post while using it....
    i enjoy firefox, thats what i use, but this could be an interesting little tool, and plus its only a browser.....though i don't think ill be buying a mac anytime soon (unless my boss purchases the expensive mac book for me) anyways toodles (geesh i am already starting to talk like a mac user,).
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Using Safari on a PC

Safari is not nearly as user friendly or customizable as Firefox.
    Skud

Comment

there are a LOT of people pissed about safari being put in with Itunes because when they first did it, it was an auto feature, where you had to uncheck if you didn't want it. Least now you have to check the box to get it.
      But then apple went and did the same with their new .me service. And it is buggy as hell and that has pissed even more people off.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Have you looked at this thread? :p
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...-compared.html
        But I would stick with FF, you get much more out of it. If you're looking for speed almost all browsers are the same anyways so you basically get no loss/gain there.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I was actually quite impressed with how well it worked... I design websites, so I kept it to check compatibility. I do wish I had known it was being installed though.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

normally i don't use Itunes at work to play MP3's, i use windows media player, mostly because i hate loading the mp3's into itunes and then find out i have to delete things bc Itunes has to copy mp3's into the thingy...however, i made an exception for the ipod that i made a road trip mix on...........and it had been some time since i upgraded Itunes and quicktime so i figured what the hell.....might as well update it all, since i'm going to be oscar mike in a few days, might as well see what safari has to offer, its weird, though, i must say, even the name "safari" itself has a very homo feel to it...

though my boss uses the souped up macbook and he can run vista perfectly on it, which i found very ironic since when he put it on his pc laptop last year it completely crashed the thing, and then i heard a smash on the ground and a smattering of curses in english and hebrew (he is a native Israeli) and then a sigh of relief when he said "at least i backed up my files because deep down inside i knew this was going to happen, releases of windows should never be released the first time around, they should release the second version and say its the first." Then the next day i see a shiny macbook with vista running perfectly.......irony at its best.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I had Safari installed on my old machine just so I could test web page design in the browser since some Mac users have ended up emailing me about broken pages.

Safari is still quite a bit away from full supporting web standards like CSS 2.1
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X