Monitor Decisions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Decisions

I'm about to do my next system upgrade and I'm having a problem deciding which monitor to go with. I've been looking at the 24" Dell 2408WFP:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-6272

And the 24" Dell E248WFP:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-6095

The 2408 is VERY expensive while the E248 is about half the price. The video card for the system will be an Nvidia GeForce 280 GTX (1GB single). Now the 2408 is certainly nice, but I've been reading quite a bit about its problems over at the Dell forums and the seemingly slow response by Dell to address those issues. I'd like to find the most hassle free, gaming friendly widescreen I can if that's even possible as it seems almost every widescreen has some issue or another :P Any thoughts on this?

Re: Monitor Decisions

Don't do Dell. You're just paying for their re-branding and customer disservice.

CRT ftw.

Comment

The more expensive one is going to give you a lot more connection options, which is cool if you want to connect it to more than just your desktop, and has things like display port (a future standard that is replacing DVI), and it has other trick stuff like USB ports on it and a media card reader. It also can go portrait mode, which some people find useful, but most people never use it.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the cheaper one also uses a different panel technology than the more expensive one. Look though some sites like andantech and hot hardware for some good reviews. If you can't find any, let me know and I will pull them up.

And Magna, come on man. Smile every once in a while. :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I smile sometimes. Like when I hacked a little bit and started using 100 and 120Hz widescreen video modes in my games.

Comment

I like my DELL 24'
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 245B and I couldn't be happier with it, I think they are a bit cheaper than the Dell range too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X