Questionable Item

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable Item

Thanks to Bamboo for that Autoruns thing. I ran it and came up with a possibly malicious piece of software. Google search reveals it might be a homepage hijacker although my homepage has not changed.
    0 About:Home I could not delete it, the message says: "Error deleting start setting: The system cannot find the file specified." Help?

Re: Questionable Item

"about:Home"... that sounds familiar. Isn't that something like the Internet Explorer default blank page?

Comment

Hmm, don't think it's IE. I just tried it in IE, and IE did not recognize it.

Also tried it in Firefox 3.01, and FF didn't recognize it either. Not sure what it is. Could be some sort of alias for a browser settings file or something.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I just made the switch to Firefox and havent opened up IE in a while, maybe it changed my home page in IE? About:blank is IE's blank page. EDIT: I just opened up IE with no-addons and typed in About:Home in the addy bar. Guess what came up? http://www.tacticalgamer.com/index.php. Thats my homepage in both browsers (TG forums), so ATM nothing has changed and it appears to be harmless. Will keep an eye on it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X