Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.cuil.com

a computer geek friend of mine recently told me about this:
    if you havent heard about google releasing private information in the youtube vs viacom
    http://news.cnet.com/Viacom-sues-Goo...3-6166668.html

and for those of you who use google mainly because of their (hypocritical) privacy policy, www.cuil.com is made up of ex-google employees that were against googles move to release private information including ip address and related searches and links clicked,
    i forgot how much he said, but it was somewhere in the hundreds of terabytes
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: www.cuil.com

I heard plenty about their falling-flat on their grand opening. Having looked at screenshots, I'm not impressed with the format, which looks more like a sloppy catalog than a report of information resources.

Comment

Latest I heard is they are not going to give the IPs over.
      I read a comment in an article too where someone said if google does have to turn over the IPs, they should just deliver the IPs in huge font double spaced in paper copies.

"Hey, you wanted them, here they are."

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Held in contempt countdown, go!

Comment

Carp.

I'm not impressed, and I tried to use it multiple times (what can I say I have a soft spot for the underdog...) Plus the majority of reviewers have slammed it since it went online.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Cuil
            Rather than rely on superficial popularity metrics, Cuil searches for and ranks pages based on their content and relevance. When we find a page with your keywords, we stay on that page and analyze the rest of its content, its concepts, their inter-relationships and the page’s coherency.
            Excellent!

Depending on how well much it has indexed (and how what turns up in my searches), this thing might just replace Google as my favorite search engine.

Edit:

:) It just replaced Google in my FF search bar. I like the results I got. Very relevant information and up-to-date.

Okay...maybe not for all of my searches. But at least for important information and research topics.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

gotta love the comments on this page:
              http://www.youtube.com/blog?entry=Gh2N9xyKK8k
              i threw in my extremely original comment yesterday.

but yea, i don't really like the format the results show in. It's harder to skim through and filter out the info you want to see.

Comment

ill admit that the format is cool the first search you do with it, and after thnat it is annoying but it will get the kinks flattened out soon