Video tech uses photos to enhance, alter shots: it's the Photoshop of video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video tech uses photos to enhance, alter shots: it's the Photoshop of video

I remember seeing this tech video a year ago or so, but thought it might be a good way to blow everyone here's mind this morning.

Link:
    Video tech uses photos to enhance, alter shots: it's the Photoshop of video

We've seen some decent video alteration in our day, but this new research project by some folks at the University of Washington has the potential to turn the entire concept on its head. Using some rather advanced algorithms to analyze video and photographs of a the same scene, the software can meld the two into something slightly better or even dramatically different. In effect, it's Photoshop for video, since it brings your Photoshop chops to bear on video effects: edit up a still shot or two of the scene, and then meld that with the video, and your edits can be seamlessly integrated into the scene, without all that nasty manual labor required by Shake or After Effects
    That video is both amazing to me, and scary at the same time.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Video tech uses photos to enhance, alter shots: it's the Photoshop of video

That is seriously impressive, the best bit, for me, was in the last monute when they edited out the post and sign infront of the flower shop

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X