System hangs on reboot/shutdown...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System hangs on reboot/shutdown...

Ok I have had this problem for ages. When I reboot or shut down AND I leave my usb mouse (intellimouse optical) plugged in windows will hang (on the "Windows is shutting down..." screen) and I have to reboot via Reset button.

I have gotten used to just unplugging the mouse when I reboot but I just formatted rescently and it began to get on my nerves all over again :). Just wondering if someone had perhaps come across this problem in the past and has found a solution.

Win xp (sp 1) and all drivers up to date (I think :P).
    Last edited by Polska; 12-21-2004, 03:09 PM.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: System hangs on reboot/shutdown...

you got anything else usb? if its connected, do u have the same problem?

if it only occurs for the mouse get newer drivers, unless they are uptodate like u said. Then get older drivers.

Do u have a PS2 mouse? give it a try too.

If it occurs for any usb device then get newer drivers for mboard.

Still happens, then try a new mouse? perhaps u could borrow one from cousin.

Also check IRq's for usb, if its shared with something else u could assign it a different IRQ, if non then disable com ports in bios and assign their IRQ, which is usuallly 3 and 4 to the usb in device manager.

Did u always have that problem? I recall seeing u unplugg the mouse when u rebooted but didnt know it was because of this reason.

I have win xp sp1 and same intelli mouse like u. The driver version for my mouse is 5.1.2600.0
    Last edited by Turbinator; 12-21-2004, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Re: System hangs on reboot/shutdown...

Well from my experience it only occurs when the mouse is connected. If the scanner or webcam are plugged in it seems to work fine (although webcam causes hangs during bootup sometimes, but thats probably a whole other problem I never bother trying to solve).

I currently have 5.20.413.0 (driver date: 6/3/2004). Is there a driver resource that has a bunch I could try because mine just installed from the newest intellimouse software I believe.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X