BFG Tech GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-Express Video Card $229 or $218

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG Tech GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-Express Video Card $229 or $218

This looks like an awesome deal. All of the other links that I could find look like it's twice as much:

http://www.dealsea.com/forums/viewto...9a0d417baaa1d0

I don't know much about this card other than my 8800 GTX is still really good

Cheers!

Re: BFG Tech GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-Express Video Card $229 or $218

Here's the thing, the 8800GTX is a good card. I think you'll be paying ~215 bucks for a 10 to 15% increase in base performance, maybe 25% on specific games that scale well on SLI. To me, that's a pretty high price : performance ratio.

I'd be waiting about another 3 to 4 months and see what nVidia does to answer ATI's HD4870x2 card. Once that hits the market, and all the other cards start dropping in price, you could probably pick up a GTX280 for cheap.

(And, it will be good to see what comes of the Nehalem... I'm sorry, the i7... processor release from Intel. It is sure to stir up everything.)
    sigpic
    Govern well thy appetite, lest Sin surprise thee, and her black attendant: Death. ~ John Milton - Paradise Lost

Comment

Not a great way to spend your money if you already have an 8800GTX IMO. I'd wait for another generation of cards to come out before upgrading.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that I was getting it... just passing on a deal.

fwiw, I paid almost twice that for my card a year and a half ago

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X