SD card freezes Toshiba laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD card freezes Toshiba laptop

My mom has a Toshiba Satellite M45-S269. I just reformatted it and reinstalled windows xp. It was working great until she tried to insert a SD card...then the computer locked up and had to be restarted. I have tried Toshiba's fix which is a download of the driver for Texas Instruments PCIxx21 FlashMedia, but that is not working. Any ideas?

Re: SD card freezes Toshiba laptop

Have you tried it in another machine to see if it is trying to install its own driver/software? I have noticed that many USB drives have their own little programs they like to load and it gives some laptops fits. Not sure if the same thing may be happening with the SD card.

Comment

The drive is actually built in to the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by gator skywalker View Post
        The drive is actually built in to the computer.
        He meant trying the SD card in another reader to see if the SD card itself has auto-running software. I doubt that's the case though.

See if you can find another version of the drivers for the laptop's card reader. Failing that, you might as well call Toshiba tech support.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I have a Toshiba M45-S351 and it has the same problem. I reformatted the drive and after that it worked.... for a while. Maybe there is some other program its interfering with. I have some ideas: Norton 360, Creative Live! cam notebook pro. Do you have any of those programs on your computer?

Comment

It sounds like the problem is in the hot-plug machinery. Can you hot-plug anything else, like a USB device?
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by gator skywalker View Post
              My mom has a Toshiba Satellite M45-S269.
              there's your problem right there.

seriously though, it sounds to me like it is a driver issue for the reader. did you get the lataest off the toshiba's website?
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X