Static in Source games only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static in Source games only

Ever since i got a new computer, i've been having troubles with my mic in Source games. All the time i talk, people say i have static to the point that they can't hear me. This occurs only with Source game (CSS, TF2, Zombie Panic) and did not occur with my former computer. All the other games i play (BF series) and teamspeak are just fine. When i run the mic test in the option, i don't hear static on the feedback.

780i motherboard
    interwise headset.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Static in Source games only

I had this problem too. In the source game, turn down the "Voice transmit volume". Start at about 1/2 and increase if needed.

Comment

For most sound cards the voice options are controlled by your sound card control panel.

What sound card are you using nerd?

make sure voice playback is muted as well, that can sometimes cause some problems unless you want to hear yourself when you talk.

- -

Comment

I'm using onboard sound, as i did with my previous board. Oh andi'm also using windows Vista.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Make sure your drivers are up to date.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

They are. How do i keep the option in the audio option for Source games from constantly resetting.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

Comment

Make sure you hit the "Apply" button. Then click "OK".
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                They are. How do i keep the option in the audio option for Source games from constantly resetting.
                For each source game the setting is unique. For each shortcut on your desktop the setting is unique. Take CSS for example. I have 5 shortcuts on the desktop
                1. CSS
                2. CSS Realism
                3. CSS Realism Lockdown
                4. CSS Vanilla
                5. CSS Vanilla Lockdown

For each one, I had to set the volume settings separately.

Comment

I have the same board and do not have this problem. Update to the latest RealTek audio drivers (I think some were released in June). Disable any in-game microphone boost. Instead, manipulate gain (if you need it) via the audio control panel.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X