Odd Computer Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Computer Problem

Hi everyone. Some of you may know me (I'm HolyEnd). I haven't been playing BF2142 for a little while because my computer is acting kind of strange. I let my sister go onto my computer one day and she was playing some little flash game online. All of a sudden the computer turned off. This isn't that odd, it's happen to me before (still don't know why though). Usually all you have to do is turn the computer back on and it should be fine. This time though the computer isn't turning on. Well... it is except only the fans are turning on I guess. The monitor isn't showing anything, the little light on the tower right by the on/off button isn't turning on, and I cannot figure out what the problem is. I thought maybe my computer overheated or something but I really don't know. Can anyone give me some ideas of what the problem is? Please ask if you need more information.
    |TG| HolyEnd

Re: Odd Computer Problem

Reset your BIOS and see if it will fire up.

Comment

How do you do that?
      |TG| HolyEnd

Comment

You'll need to clear your CMOS so your BIOS settings are restored to default.

If it's an older motherboard, you'll need to get a jumper (probably from one of the CD/DVD drives - make sure to put it back in the right place afterwards) and short pins 2 and 3 (sometimes 1 and 2). You'll have to look in your motherboard's manual for the specific instructions and the right pins.

If you don't have a jumper or the CMOS can't be cleared by shorting pins, you'll need to pull out the round battery on your motherboard, leave it out for like 2 seconds, and then put the battery back in place. That'll clear your CMOS just the same.

Remember to pull the power cord out of the back of the computer first and to touch the bare metal of the case BEFORE touching any of the components inside.

After you've done that, try booting up your machine again.

If none of that works, please post what the machines specs are. It might be suffering from a failed part (or failing part).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Alright. I'll try it and get back to yo guys. Thank. :)
          |TG| HolyEnd

Comment

Acreo gave a good quick guide, but I would google for it too as many sites have a picture guide on how to do it.

Even better is it you look back through your computer owner manual they probably have instructions, or just find out what model your motherboard is and you could probably find the guide on how to do it at your computer maker's website.

Look real close if you can see inside your power supply and see if you see anything odd and also VERY closly at your motherboard at all the little caps and things sticking off and see if any look like they are burned or leaking.

I'm thinking power supply problems though also.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X